hero or b*tch? *SPOILER*

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by SharkyMcShark, Jun 30, 2007.

1. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    Jazz. After reading many reviews and much discussion (and of course seeing the movie myself - whoa, what a headrush) I've realised there are two schools of thought of the demise of Jazz - b*tch or hero.

Im gunna go hero. He didnt put up a particularly challenging fight for Megs, but at least he stayed and fight while Ironhide and Ratchet (BOTH bigger than him) whimpered with the fleshlings. And besides, his last act was "Do you want a piece of me" *fires at Megs while being held upside down*, whereas if he died a b*tch it'd have been "No please no" or something.

Anyway, everyone else's thought?

2. LightningZERO

LightningZERO The Alternity

News Credits:
    He's a hero, die trying to fight Megatron. But his lack of screen time, not able to put up a fight, make his death a bit empty. I really want to feel sad when he is dead...but I can't.

Sorry Jazz :( 

3. Harlequin Daniel

Harlequin Daniel Captain Grumpy

Hero, but a stupid one.
    Everyone ran from Megs, except Jazz, he was heroic yes, because someone had to delay Megatron while Sam ran, but it was a stupid thing to do, getting so close to him.

4. Op_Prime

Op_Prime One With The Matrix TFW2005 Supporter

Hero. His sacrifice bought alot of time for Prime to arrive and Sam to reach the building. He was totally out of his weight class, and yet had the guts to despite that fact.

5. 0JazzMeister0

0JazzMeister0 Autobot Jo

News Credits:
    Hero. Why? "No Sacrifice, no victory".

6. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    my issue with his death is purely from how it was presented. he shouldve gotten close ups just before/after his death. the way they shot it was just like, autobot casualty: check.

bonecrushers death was a good example. you really felt the immediacy of the scene. i mean, dude got gutted. IN THE FACE. i think kids couldve handled jazz being split in two...

...like a bitch.

I KEED.

7. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hero. Folks, we should remember Jazz did a "Kup" on Brawl by forcing away his gun turrent! How bad ass was that!

And his stand against Megs? Ultimate sacrifice! He had to buy time for the rest to escape. Its not for nothing he's Prime's "first officer" - making him 2nd in command behind Prime! IMO, Jazz was too brave for his own good...

As for Ironhide and Ratchet fleeing...I take it that they were trying to help the humans to escape. For example, giving firing cover to Sam. They're fight with Starscream was great. Anyone saw how Starscream gunning down Ratchet?

8. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    starscream was badass, he needs more screen time.

9. sharke

sharke canadian piece of sh*t

Jazz was a hero who sacrificed himself (seeing as he probably knew he couldn't beat Megatron yet still held the line) and Starscream hella needed more screen time. theres nothing more to it

10. Sero

Sero Well-Known Member

Jazz apparently didnt die. Did you see his body on the carrier dropped into the ocean? Why then is the bio for the repaint movie toy say after his battle with megatron, he had a lot of time to think while Ratchet repaired him.

11. 9.8m/s^2

9.8m/s^2 What's in a name?

At the end, Optimus did pull a little bit of the Allspark from Megs' chest. Maybe that little bit isn't enough to rebuild all of Cybertron, but maybe it's enough to give life to a few Transformers at a time?

Which makes me wonder suddenly...how dumb was Sector Seven to store Megatron so close to the one thing that they knew could bring him back to life?

12. Jazz1979

Jazz1979 Well-Known Member

Definetly hero. A b*tch would run away from duty. Jazz was the 1st officer in the G1 cartoons since the very first episode in More than meets the Eye. Jazz to Optimus Prime is like Pippen to Jordan ;) 

13. neK

neK Is behind you...

Thats because only the Depticons where dropped into the ocean.

i think Jazz went out like a hero, even with his last words, "You want a peice of me?!", show he knew he had no chance against Megs

14. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    True, plus it would've been a bit undignified for the humans to toss Jazz's body overboard after he died helping them.

That brings up another question actually.

What did they do with Jazz's corpse?

Did Prime bury him somewhere on earth? Maybe somewhere remote so no humans would dig him up and start studying him etc?

15. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

I think JAZZ had to go down easily against MEGATRON both to show just how powerful & viscious the Decepticon was, and to make PRIME's final fight against him all the more earnest.

16. sharke

completely true, something dignified had to be done with Jazz

17. neK

neK Is behind you...

Maybe they gave him a Darth Vader style send off, =) haha

18. sharke

19. MilkManX

MilkManX TF Comicbook Fan

Jazz definatley was a hero. He was able to give the other bots enough time to setup for the big run.

I will have a beer for Jazz again right now.

20. Solid Alexei

Solid Alexei Secret Operative

News Credits:
    Seconded that. just came back from the movie some hours ago and already had a couple of beer for the poor Jazz and for the movie godness aswell!:p 

p.s. off topic but does anybody know the link to the image of that Battle Damage Jazz fig please?