Customs: Heres a what if.

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Rumble02, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

As bashers what would you do if hasbro approached you wanting to use one of your bashes in a new cartoon or to mass produce the figure. How would you react? What bash would you want them to have their eyes on?
    For me i would love it if a professional at hasbro wanted to take my Saint/Sinner idea and make is a mass producable toy. Thoughts?

2. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    I would crap golden twinkies!

Of course, I think they are aware of the custom scene for the most part, and may in fact implement ideas seen here first!

One instance that comes immediately to mind is ROTF Legends Springer, a V-22 Osprey. Jin Saotome made a Springer custom out of Incinerator over a year ago, and the Legends figure utilizes the propeller/hand mod Redline made for Incinerator!

Back on topic, I would looove to see my TFA Scorponok get a figure, too bad the show is ending (for now!)

3. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Just so you guys know, Hasbro does actively check the boards (as you guys know, much of Radicons is good readin'!). This is not to say that they actually glean ideas from here, though. They have went on record to say that they have enough concepts internally that such is unnecessary for them.

That all being said, I'd love to receive some kind of nod (whatever it may be) for my designs with the Alt/BT line. I really don't have any one design in particular I'd like to see made, but I'd love it if my designs could make it in the hands of those who'd love to own em on a mass produced basis [read: not custom made by me]. I will say that when I have created my designs that I've made most of them such that I had a lot of things on Hasbro's end for production in mind. :) 

4. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Licensing aside, I'd want Cy-Kill to be mass-produced, but with better paint apps.

I would also like for Kaiyodo to mass produce my Revoltech Jazz.

5. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    I gotta say my G1-styled Galvatron. I literally loved working on that (and now I'm back re-visiting it and adding new mods) and I really enjoyed making the space cannon more "G1" and actually having the figure look and feel like Galvatron. I gotta give props to the guys who did a Galvatron from the Energon Megatron mold--they all inspired me a bit, but I took it and did my own thing with it (new chest, head/neck mods, new hands, and cranked it up a notch with the G1-inspired space cannon and partially scratchbuilt arm cannon. It will always remain one of my favorites and I'd love to see Hasbro crank 'em out for everyone to own (hell, I'd make them for everyone if I had the figures, parts, time, and patience). lol

The only thing I'd want them to do is brainstorm and get a better transformation for it--as it stands, it's a "partsformer" due to the tank treads and "wings", which can be left on, but look too bulky and "non-G1".

If I were to choose the work of someone else, I'd love to see a mass-produced Constructicons/Devastator like Ptitvite did (and keep it relatively affordable to most that would want one, but either couldn't afford a custom one or couldn't build their own). After that, I'd say any mass-produced "deluxe" sized Combiners (by this, I mean deluxe-sized limbs). Make 'em huge. But yeah, I'd love to see a LOT of our respective works mass-produced for us all to enjoy.

6. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Id love to see one of my Prime's mass produced. That would be freaking insane.

7. MoeSizzlac

MoeSizzlac Newb Customizer

Seconded...actually, any of the Deluxe sized combiners being pumped through these forums deserves good consideration (I especially loved the animated dinotitan by Spurt Reynolds), but that's just my opinion.

8. doomtron

doomtron seeker

News Credits:
    id be stoked! id probabaly want them to mass produce my energon darkprime with some new combiner leggs and arms