Here is what a Takara "fixed" MP Ramjet looks like from TFSource

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by CronoSabre, Aug 12, 2016.

1. CronoSabre

CronoSabre Well-Known Member

As you can see from the pictures below the box has a good dent in it, but the worst part is the condition of the plastic bubble. The bubble looks like it was completely melted. I have no idea what Takara would have done to get it this way. I haven't even tried to take the figure out as I would likely have to cut the bubble to do so and I am still debating my options. The box the entire package came in was completely fine and the Ramjet box was bubble wrapped, so it was definitely like this when TFSource put it in the package.

TFSource isn't being too helpful with it either so far. They are of course blaming Takara and said that they had no control over how it came to them. They also say that they cannot guarantee that a replacement will not have the same damage. Or I can keep the figure and take a $20 credit. Since I live in Canada shipping it back would be somewhat costly (I assume that I eat the cost of that) and customs could be an issue. I responded and simply asked if they can just check the box of a replacement before it ships for any damage.

I'm usually pretty easy going when it comes to box condition and would have probably left it if it wasn't for the condition of the bubble. I really only keep the boxes for resale value, but I thought it would be nice to have all the Takara MP Seeker/Conehead boxes together on display at some point.

I just want to get some advice from you guys on how you would handle this. I paid with Paypal, is it worth getting them involved? I assume not since TFSource is offering a replacement (although the condition of that replacement is not guaranteed). Thoughts?

Attached Files:

2. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Wow, that is really gnarly looking. The only way I can think of to explain that happening is that it got left outside in the summer heat. 100 degree(give or take) heat could probably do that if left outside enough.

3. TheDecepticon

TheDecepticon Resident Asshole

News Credits:
    Demand a refund, have TFSource email you a postage paid return slip, and then take your business elsewhere. Theyve basically jist told you they wont stand behind the products they sell. I wouldnt do business with someone like that

4. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Whoa! The plastic condition is really bad! I'm with you with regards to not caring about box condition but the problem is whether the figure has suffered any damages, paint scratches etc.

Unless one can ascertain the toy is in good condition, I'll got for a full refund.

5. ATLMYK

ATLMYK Well-Known Member

You would not have to pay for shipping. This is from their FAQ page.
    Manufacturer Defects: Items with manufacturers defects may be returned to TFS for repair or replacement. When returned, we will inspect the item and determine if it is repairable. If the item cannot be repaired, we will replace it with an identical item at no cost to you. TFS will also cover the cost of return shipping, as well as the cost of shipping out the replacement piece. In the case of a manufacturer defect, there may be other options available such as an exchange or Store Credit. After receipt of order, customers must notify TFSource within 30 days of an issue or TFSource may be unable to honor a repair/return request dependent on part availability.
    They are offering a replacement right? You try that 1st.

6. mcart

mcart I'm not fat, it's Prime Armor

News Credits:
    I agree, this level of damage to the shell you may cause damage yourself trying to remove the figure. For the price you're paying on Ramjet I wouldn't want to risk it.

7. openchallenge

openchallenge No way!

My 2nd run Takara MP Soundwave from another retailer had the trays similarly heat damaged. I photographed everything as best I could and checked the figure out. I decided the figure itself was mostly ok so I asked for a partial refund and the retailer gave me store credit right away.

EDIT: ah, missed the bit about the $20. That seems a bit low I guess I would go for the refund then.

8. robh

robh Decepticon

what everyone else said. They shouldn't make you pay for return shipping. I've never had to send back to TFS for refund, but they've shipped me parts for free.

9. CLM

CLM Well-Known Member

the heat required to deform that would be approximately 200 to 300 degrees Fahrenheit / 92 to 152 Celsius... what else might have been damaged on the figure from these temperatures? Could it have made parts brittle?

These are what I would be worried about.

10. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    didnt someone else post up a few weeks ago with a similar issue with the melted plastic bubble?

11. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    If the bubble has deformed to such extent, it must have been transported under extreme heat conditions. That may have not melted the figure itself, but I am sure that has not been good for the plastic either ; ergo, prone to become brittle within a year.

12. Exodus

Exodus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes a few people got it exactly like that except their boxes were fine. OP should check the MP-Ramjet thread. I forgot what they did though.

13. DukeFett

DukeFett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I import a lot, and I just received a figure with a melted plastic bubble for the first time too, it was an SH Figuarts, figure is ok w a few paint scuffs, but was super weird when I opened it. Box was perfectly fine.

14. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Live by the TFSource, die by the TFSource.

I seriously question why anyone still does business with those yahoos.

15. Orion2703

Orion2703 Ultimate Hunter TFW2005 Supporter

My box and clamsell were fine, the quality of the fix though, not so much.........

To be fair they got me a replacement part out quickly, getting rid of the superglue that the feckin muppety at the TT factory used to finish the botch job was not amusing.

[​IMG]

16. Alterator

Alterator Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I still do, for everything I can't get through HLJ or HTS. No, they are definitely not perfect, and can give me headaches here & there. But they have some things going for them:

- Free shipping at $150
    - No sales tax (at least for my state)
    - Order stacking for up to 6 months
    - Vintage Dept. gets great deals at times
    - Most, if not all, Takara & exclusives are offered

Mostly, it comes down to money. TFSource saves me on shipping & tax, and gets in most overseas offerings; so I get items at the cheapest USA-based price.

However, if HLJ carries it, I get it there; and I rarely buy Hasbro items from them.

FYI to the OP: my Ramjet arrived 2 weeks ago from them, in perfect condition. So, if they have the ability to replace it, then that will probably be the cheapest way to get the seeker.

17. StrangePlanet

StrangePlanet G1

To be fair, anyone who is trying to sell this product is in for a world of trouble. Because the product is such a hot mess, you are almost guaranteed to have angry customers complaining about defective product. Because they are all defective, even the fixed ones, except for a lucky few, and there's no way to tell which one is which without opening and inspecting them. And I'm not suprised at all that the boxes came to them smashed up.
    My honest advice is that if you are unhappy in any way with the toy, would be to return the item, ask for a full refund, and simply not have an MP Ramjet at all. Because it's garbage, and try to not blame the retailer, because this one really isn't on them.

18. dgold93

dgold93 Rainmaker

Jeez, man it looks like the staff at TFSource took a bat to your box. This does look like a loss. I would just take the L on Ramjet and keep it. I've avoided the MP Comeheads like the plague because of the issues (and I was never a fan of them anyways)

19. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    Other then the box looking like total shit , how's the figure ? Does it transform ? Is anything missing broken or damaged ? If it's all good , then it seems like it's just there " bullet proof " packaging that needs to be replaced .

20. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Given these issues, it simply isn't worth $180+ IMO. I'll gladly wait for the BBQ or KBB versions and get better quality while saving $$.