Hercules will he be worth it

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by blur3479, Aug 13, 2011.

1. blur3479

blur3479 The most boring member

News Credits:
    Speaking that down the road you'll basically be spending 600 bucks on 6 voyager figures, will hercules be worth it

2. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    iunno, i think its justifiable. then again i'll be getting 2 for christmas and 2 for my birthday if the release schedule is right ^_^

3. seali_me

seali_me Buhawi Gabay-Tala

at 600$ probably not, just don't tell to anyone's wife. its just a toy no matter what. so no its non-justifiable.

4. katch26

katch26 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
  5. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Your choice if it's worth it or not. Personally I'm sticking by the Maketoys Devastator because it matches the aesthetic and size of the current classics combiners out right now with the upgrade kits.

6. BarBoBot

BarBoBot Well-Known Member

When its sold out and the secondary market price doubles, will it be justifiable then? :rolleyes: 

Its gonna be worth it, just to have a huge devastator, and the fact that it will gain in value is a bonus.

7. mentok27

mentok27 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    well i got the first 2 for $80 shipped and if the AUS$ can climb back up by the time the rest hit preorder theres no reason i wont be able to nab the other 4 for $80ish so $480 total..... even if the $ doesnt regain what its lost in the last week or so i wont be paying much more than $500.

8. seali_me

tell that to the guy buying it during that time. :) 

600$ there are better ways we can spend that money. i hear peeps complain about hasbore price increase yet peeps think this is acceptable. also buying a 2nd or 3rd copies of this is not as smart as before. FP is reissuing their top seller. why not this one? i wouldn't buy another one to resell. not for this one for sure. also there are better ways to invest my money.

9. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Maybe. But I'm not taking the risk. If ANYTHING happens over the next year which causes any of the releases to not happen, you may be stuck with a $500 paperweight. No thank you.

10. seali_me

don't have to wait next year. next week i think.

if it does fail though, its all good since the next 3rd party company will be lowering their prices by then, that's if they are smart enough.

11. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

i dont think the secondary market price will be able to double. its just too much.

i am buying each release as they come though. i like exgraver for myclassics. nice big bulky construction bot.

12. mac&cheese

mac&cheese Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It will double, but the only problem is when they ko this thing for half the price. It will go down in value. Lol! Come on, we all know the ko makers will make this thing for sure. Hell even in all different colors too. I can see the ko going for 250-300.00 when it gets here. I bet the quality will be nice too. If anyone says it wont happen. Lets just wait a little bit and see whats coming down the road.

13. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Huh? The remaining five bots are being released next week?

14. bmbloo

bmbloo Well-Known Member

I've heard alot of people say this. It's not an exclusive. Everybody that wants one over the next year or so will get one.

Which sold out items have shot up on the secondary market? All the ones I follow still hover around their original asking price, or maybe 25% higher.

15. Timesynch

Timesynch Is a Bad Hombre!

News Credits:
    TFC Hercules looks really good. Personally, I'm digging the individual bots much more than the combined Devy form, strangely enough. I'm taking a wait-and-see-approach for now. If I miss out on the first few bots, oh well. Guess I'll just roll with MakeToys' Giant whenever he comes out (it would scale best with my FP Bruticus anyway).

But I'm biding my time and hoping for a boxed gift set with all 6 figures in the future (maybe with added accessories like Devy's iconic chest shield and at a discounted price given there's less packaging to ship.... hey, I can dream, can't I? XD). I'd like to get both Devy's but getting married takes precedence for me over any toy any day.

And can we consolidate this topic into the Hercules Mega Thread? XD

16. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    city commander, shadow commander, bruticus limbs, superion kit, good quality 3rd party rise in price

17. blur3479

blur3479 The most boring member

News Credits:
    Basically everything fansproject released

18. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I guess we'll wait and see.....

19. Timesynch

Timesynch Is a Bad Hombre!

News Credits:
    Could also throw in Warbot Defender into the mix. Not to mention the official HasTak products that are required for some of these 3rd party add-ons to work like Classics Ultra Magnus, Classics Nemesis Prime, Classics/Henkei Optimus Prime (for DIA armor), ROTF Bruticus Maximus (and the Energon/Superlink variant bots), ROTF Superion/Aerialbots, etc. Classics/Energon Devy/Constructicons fetches a decent price with persistent rumors (and probably false hopes) of a future 3rd party add-on kit (this is just pure speculation, however).

Hell, I just snagged myself a Classics Ultra Magnus for an OK price, given how ridiculously high the majority of the bids go lately (it's all thanks to those folks who bought the recent "found" CC stock at BBTS.... myself included, lol). Seriously, over $100 just for UM loose all by himself? WTH are people smoking? I paid way less than that (even with shipping included), thank god.

20. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    whether or not its worth it greatly depends on nothing happening to force TFC to drop production of any of the remaining 5 figures. If that happens they won't be worth the issue price let alone a secondary market increase in value.

Not saying its going to happen just putting out the worst case scenario, as for a more straight up answer it depends on if the rest of the figures keep thje same quality as the first.

I have no plans for getting one.