Heavy/Scratch: Hercules "Rage Upgrade" Elbows

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by echotransformer, Aug 20, 2012.

1. G.I.EDDIE

G.I.EDDIE Purple treads suck!

News Credits:
    Thanks echo...I have you to thank though...w/o you he'd still be too lean...now he's MEAN!

As for the purple, I did see it...but I couldn't find the color you used locally, so I tried my best with what I could find and failed...I'll have to see if I can find what you used online...

And the adapters, while they look much better, you lose some articulation...but IMO, it's very worth it...

Anyway, thanks again...

2. Peagis

Peagis Superion

Ebay:
    Echo, will your metal leg ratchets work for Uranos?

3. echotransformer

echotransformer Well-Known Member

^^ Hey Peagis, I'm not sure I haven't opened him up yet but from I'm seeing on the Uranos thread he could use them, I'll look into it soon! It's probably pretty straightforward to modify and adapt the Herc geometry to Uranos and list a new part on Shapeways.

4. spacelion77

spacelion77 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What's the best way to tighten up the anterior/posterior movement of the hips on Herc? I have the metal hips, and they work great for adduction and abduction. He's pretty decent with holding a pose, but he's wanting to hunch at the hips. Thanks in advance

Last edited: Aug 16, 2013
  5. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Try putting some rubber spacers on HL's chest (Herc's waist).

6. spacelion77

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Will that help the hips? His waist ratchet is fine. His hips just want to swing forward without any ratcheting.

7. echotransformer

^^ did you buy the Shapeways d-rings when you bought the stainless hips?

8. spacelion77

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes, I did. I bought a couple of sets just in case. I used the recommended grease, also. There just seems to be a lot of play in the forward/backward movement. Any advice?

9. daimchoc

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Post pics, just to make sure that we are in sync. ;) 

Just note that Herc is top heavy. :thumbs2: 

10. spacelion77

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'll post some pics tonight when I'm off work. It's in HL's hips. His lateral movement is great,just the front...not so much lately.

Herc is definitely top heavy. He is just sliding and a bit more fidgety to stand and pose. I'm wanting to bulk up Uranos' hips also.

11. tomac66

tomac66 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hello, today I finally managed to finish painting the Echo kits parts and place them in the figure, at the end I got a green quite similar to the plastic (thanks to Echo for the mix formula) although it rather changes according to the light.

As you can see have added a little improvement to the waist with Heavy Labor extra hip, that way the area is more big and thus get to provide better figure propportions (style what makes MMC with your Predaking and copied TFC for Ares), I think that this piece gives an aspect much more balanced to Hercules.

I leave a picture of Hercules with all new parts less wheels of Heavy Labor.

[​IMG]

Here I put upper wheels but in person it is better without it since the abdomen seems too wide with it.

[​IMG]

Finally I put a photo of detail at the top where you can see the cover for Exgraver head and piece to put the crane in the back that, in the end, I've painted green instead of black, by the way, also I painted extra shovel that had Exgraver of green and is not bad either.

[​IMG]

Ultimately, that although the kit is expensive and the paint is a pain, I am very happy with the end result, especially with the workaround that I have done to the waist.

A greeting.

12. echotransformer

^^ Fantastic work, Tom...thanks so much for sharing. Great job matching the green, it looks PERFECT in these pictures. The double-flaps are very interesting!

I'm really glad you were able to finish this project and achieve such great results!!!

13. tomac66

tomac66 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hi echo, thank's for the comments and for all your work in the kits, with it Hercules is very impressive now.

14. daimchoc

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Echo, have you thought about doing some telescoping hips for Hercules? Uranos could probably benefit from one as well.

15. echotransformer

^^ Hmm...do you mean telescoping in width, so he can do an "H" stance instead of an "A" stance? (sorry, couldn't think of another way to describe it, lolzzz)

16. daimchoc

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yup! ;) 

17. Paik4Life

Paik4Life Reviews

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    OMG, I hate that I stumbled upon this thread. Now I really feel like I need these parts. Damn you, echo!

Fantastic work overall. Really looking forward to the hip replacements!

~Paik

18. ryanlb

ryanlb Well-Known Member

I haven't visited this thread in months and months. But it's always been in the back of my mind. I moved houses 4 months ago, and haven't unpacked any of my TFs yet, but have been thinking it was time to get Hercules out.

That made me realize it's time for me to finally purchase this kit that I've been following since I think the very first version. Plus, I turn 35 at the end of the month, so that's perfect opportunity for me to buy myself something nice. :D 

My biggest fear is still color matching the green and purple, but I've been getting a little bit more paint experience over the last couple months, so hopefully I'm up to the challenge.

Cuz this kit really polishes off Hercules, and I needs it. But first it looks like I've got 78 pages of info to go read over again.

19. ryanlb

ryanlb Well-Known Member

Okay, first question: (if these questions are answered elsewhere in the thread, feel free to tell me to calm down and RTFM).

The Hercules replacement hips may be something I want to get into as well. Do I need to get them in stainless steel, or does the WSF improve the workings as well? My Heavy Labor isn't too bad, his hips are kinda ever so slightly looose for combined mode, but the biggest problem mind has is the Hercules knee joint in Mad Blender. That is FAR too loose to handle combined mode.

Are there fixes for that? I seem to vaguely recall it once being suggested to me to open him up and put...something like...sliced rubber eraser in there? Does that sound right to anyone?

thanks.

20. Mirage775

Mirage775 Autobot

Ebay:
    As far as I know of, the hips only come in stainless steel??? As for MB's knee joint, it's an easy fix that I can help you with, if someone else doesn't first?