Minor/Repaint: Hercules mods/touch-ups

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by G.I.EDDIE, Nov 22, 2011.

1. G.I.EDDIE

G.I.EDDIE Purple treads suck!

News Credits:
    its funny, almost 30 years ago, i couldnt have imagined a Devestator toy ever getting cooler than the one my friend had...and now we have two insanelt better examples...wonder what kinda of Devy we could see almost 30 years from now :) 

thanks TB...as for combined picsl, i still have MB to finish up before i take new pics...until then, there are some combined pics a couple pages back, depending on how many posts you have displayed per page (mines set to 40)

you are correct, they peg in and out just like the weapons...and they are very firm, not loose in the lease...in fact, they are too tight for my tastes...

best part is, if you want to go back to the way it was, all you have to do is put the screws back in...

2. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

That's fantastic. I'm doing it!! :D 

zmog

3. Constructor

Constructor Witness my true form!

Hey G.I.EDDIE, The hercules roaring mouthplate Credits you as the inspiration for the Roaring mouthplate piece

4. G.I.EDDIE

News Credits:
    i decided to drybrush all 6 bots completely to soften them up a little...heres the result next to a unmolested NB (the only bot i have extra of)

also, the dusting effect i put on NB isnt quite that in your face as it is in these pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. G.I.EDDIE

News Credits:
    heres a couple pics with the shapeways adapters thedreaded1 made installed...really clean little piece

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

6. beigoma

beigoma Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

Man, I can't wait to see new combiner pics. NB's blade looks gnarly (in a good way:) )! I might have to try those shapeways adapters. He doesn't look quite so much like a brick in combiner mode now. I can't decide if I want to alter him or not.

Does the hazard tape come on a backing paper or does it just peel off the roll ready to stick? I was thinking about ordering a really wide roll and then trimming it to fit before sticking but if it just peels off sticky that would be pretty difficult.

Can you stick it on, trim, and then peel off excess that you don't want? Or does it stick so good that it would be hard to get the excess off?

7. G.I.EDDIE

News Credits:
    lol, same here...i haven't assembled Herc in a while to save the 'reveal' for myself until he's completely done...Zildjian is casting me a new mod that i'm hoping will turn out as cool as i imagine it to...but i'm waiting on it, along with other details i need to finish up, before assembling Herc...also, seeing as how the male pegs keep getting more and more loose with every plug in and out, i want to keep it to a minimum...

as for the tape, it comes on a ten foot roll ready to peel...and it does have very good adheshion once pressed down firmly...but i havent had trouble removing it if i make a mistake or if i trim pieces off since i did exactly what you are suggesting, bought it wider than needed...

another idea would be to just stick it to wax paper for trimming purposes...

8. G.I.EDDIE

News Credits:
    just a couple pics of the finished head cover for Exgraver in combined mode

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

9. beigoma

Nice.

Ex's head cover looks stock. Well done.:) 

10. G.I.EDDIE

News Credits:
    thank you my one and only fan :lol 

11. Sparkless

Sparkless Well-Known Member

Beautiful paintjob man... Very nice!

12. G.I.EDDIE

News Credits:
    thanks Sparkless!

i finally found a picture of a real excavator with hazard striping on it...sooooo, i will be adding it to my Exgraver in a very similar location...so happy!...

now, if i could only find a real life example of a dump truck with hazard striping, i'd be all set :) 

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

13. ferrari35

ferrari35 Well-Known Member

Kalgoorlie-Boulder, Caterpillar Dump Truck in Action at KCGM Gold Mine, Video and News. Elearning.

Not sure if this will help but if you look at the it does seen to have hazzard marking on it just not striped might just be hi viz markings tho(maybe why they are just in yellow)

This one might help too

Lots of details on dump trucks bo no hazzard markingsyou could always stick the hazzard marking where the cat marking are

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  14. SMOG

Pardon me if this has already been addressed... but when you swap the treads on Exgraver and Neckbreaker to increase the range of motion in Hercules' elbow... I see how that's not a problem for robot mode (the crotch just faces backwards)... but how does it not interfere with vehicle mode?? Do you have to pop the legs off and then back on again for alt-mode?

zmog

15. G.I.EDDIE

News Credits:
    Yeah, they are upside down in alt mode, so if you display them in vehicle mode, they'll need to be popped off and switched sides...pretty simple really

Also, in bot mode, the crotch doesn't necessarily need to be reversed, though that does work, you could also just spin the legs around at the thighs so the insides face out

Thanks for the links...guess I'll just stick to no hazard striping on HL...which is okay...it'll keep me from going from overboard with it :D 

16. SMOG

Yeah, that would work for Exgraver, but not for Neckbreaker, with the pistons for the shovel on the outside of his legs.

Kind of a bummer that they need to be removed and replaced for the combined mode. It's not such a big deal, but I'd be worried that after being popped on and off too often, the ball joints on the hips would get too loose over time. I've already had to hit them with the clear nail polish. :( 

zmog

17. G.I.EDDIE

News Credits:
    Oh yer right about NB, completely forgot...

And yeah, switching around does suck, specially with TFC stuff, which seems susceptible to looseness from over use...though the loose balls for the treads only effects EXs and NBs bot modes :) 

18. SMOG

It's kind of funny... I think I'm probably in the minority here, but I think I enjoy my Hercules best in individual bot modes. I mean the combined mode is pretty awesome, and it's fantastic that it can be done... but somehow I get more satisfaction out of having all those Constructicon figures. :) 

zmog

19. G.I.EDDIE

News Credits:
    added the Dr. Wu Invulnerable face...its perfect for static poses...gave it a wash
    and drybrushes of gunmetal and silver...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. beigoma

.....aaaaand the awesomeness continues! :D