Hercules hate.

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by DMcB360, Dec 2, 2011.

1. DMcB360

DMcB360 Radicon G2

Okay this can be deleted if its inappropriate but Id like to voice my opinion. and hopefully id like some articulate feedback.

but I really do think Herc is way over-rated. im only so miffed at how balls deep ppl are into it. it is not perfect, above average may be. but it is not above reproach.

is it over detailed and mis-perportioned with an animated starscream head so they don't get sued? no yellow eyes. no red goggles. no bicycle helmet front profile head. and you gotta pay one of the highest prices for something everyone would want.

I feel like frank grimes in that episode of the simpsons.

why are scavenger and hooks lift arms longer and fatter than all out doors? the crane end makes the function of turning his head left useless. its not smaller, its not sunken in. it does not have a function to move at least parallel with his head. it sits almost his whole heads length forward.

then scavenger has such a wide short boxy profile to compensate for that 3 piston monster bucket, that he blinds all things to the right so Herc can't see s**t in general.

Mix-master has no grill and his cement tumbler is sort of long and not angled upward very much at the back and it appears to have no actual cement dispensing hole or the slightest kibble. (g1 still looked the part with like 2mm of raised molding on the back and funnel top). that $100 figure will have a large hexagon butt-hole way lower than cement could ever pour.

Scrapper and Long Haul I have no complaints about, but they should still match the scale issues I think the others have.

and people think hes gonna be so big and that new pic next to primus makes me chuckle. $600? get outta here. this costs more than xbox 360 did when released. what regular kid could hope for that? (not to mention competeing with collectors for availability) and adult collectors can afford a custom more accurate larger Devy. so whats the point of the expensive and in accurate focus? of course I know about Giant and he is rumored to be very reasonably priced, but I like what these were going for, new and big. but why is it still such butt hurt?

not to mention QC issues so early with such an expensive set. if they have some kind of un-foreseeable problem that wears with time this will only become less worth wile.

2. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    First things first about the height. TFC announced the figure from day ONE at 30cm. The figure is 30cm. No surprises there.

The price? TFC did what they could to keep the price down. It was North american sites that saw the demand and made a cash grab that jacked the prices up and extra $20.

Is the figure overrated? I dunno about that. No one is pretendign that the figure isn't flawed or that it is perfect.

What youa re seeing is a group of fan boys that are excited to finally get a real combiner and of the most popular combiner. This is a big event and something we've been wanting for a very long time.

Perfect? No
    Overrated? No, read the Megathread, no one is goign on about the perfection. The thread is fuilled with just as much hate as it has love but above all else it is full of passion and excitement.

3. Dr. Prime

Dr. Prime Dr. Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Then don't buy it.

4. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

You can't really call it overrated yet, especially when 4 of the 6 bots are pending release. We'll find out if it lives up to the hype in early 2012.

5. The Crow

The Crow ARK BUILDER!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    X2

6. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    :cry  You don't like Hercules?!?!

7. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    It's cool that you don't like it, and I think its fine,. we all have diff taste and all, but please correct: its not 600$. I am tired of this aspect of the argument. Its not.

8. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    An add on head from another party seems almost inevitable to me?

9. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    Not for kids.

10. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
    I personally like Hercules. My only gripe about it.......$100 per figure.... that's a huge OUCH for me... I've had to cut back on my purchasing as I'm focusing on other things.

11. Willocrew

Willocrew Well-Known Member

Overrated? Probably not judging from the pics.

Over priced? Quite possibly. $600 for a 30cm figure seems a bit steep.

12. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
    I wish they could be at least $40 per figure, then count me in..

13. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I'm going to contest you on your statement. I know you and some others have fallen under the $600 price point. A lot of people here shop BBTS and through them you are looking at $600+ with shipping, POL or no POL.

So even though $600 is not a complete truth, it is more truth than lie.

14. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Hm, I disagree. It's true that a lot of people, including myself, use BBTS. But failure to do your "homework" before buying such a hefty priced item, the fault's on the buyer. It's not like you have to jump thru hoops either.

IF you decide to not sacrifice any precious time to do "research" before purchase as any good buyer, should, then I think the extra cost you pay is what you chose to sacrifice. If you buy blinding from one store always just because its "safe and comfortable", well, if you loose out its no one but your fault though.

15. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's a $480 toy that will cost you up to around $600 depending on where you live and where you order from.

16. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    No arguing that.

But even if you go RK and go with the $19 for 2 figures that they offer now you still end up with $533. You can high ball it with individual shipping which would bring it to $600 with RK.

Agreed with some work the price could have been brought down to about $550 but does that $50 really tick you off that much when $600 is said?

17. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    Why do you like things I don't :mad 

I like Hercules, but I'm aiming for Giant.

18. Computron34

Computron34 Butt + Hurt = TF Fans

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Once you get above $500, seems like it doesn't matter at that point.

19. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    It does. And it does tremendously when people start to say that "Well Giant is 300$ and Hercules is twice as that" as if its some form of valid argument.

600$ vs. 550$ is about a 10% increase in price. With that same 50$ that was freed, I got 6 junkheaps.

Does it matter to me to get Hercules for 600$ or get Hercules and 6 junkheaps for 600$? When you look at it from another perspective,it totally matters.

600$ being expensive or inexpensive is also in the eye of the beholder, and also depends on what you compare it to, hence why Hercule vs. Giant pricing is so screwed up. If you compare Hercules to Has/tak bots, its freakin expensive. If you compare it to a commissioned Custom of the same size for Devy? Dirt cheap. So comparsion, matters a lot to everyone, not only me.

20. maximus_73

maximus_73 Well-Known Member

I hate Hercules because it sucks 600 bucks out of my pocket.