Henkei vs Hasbro...just got a few and thought I'd share

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by supervir2, Mar 21, 2009.

1. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    After holding out for a long time, I saw some galleries and ended up getting Henkei Prime, Skyfire, Silverbolt, BB, TC, and Ratchet (already had Henkei Ironhide). These were all to replace my Hasbro ones and make my display a little more toon accurate. Anyway, I like them as far as looks go, but in general, they are all a bit off compared to their Hasbro counterparts.

-Prime looks great, but is more loose
    -Jetfire looks great, but is slightly more loose than his counterpart. That, and his blue plate in front of his head refuses to sit as far down as the Hasbro one. It looks fixable, but still.
    -BB is an improvement, but the seat on his left leg won't fold down as far as the Hasbro version
    -TC is nice, but has the well documented loose cannons. Otherwise, great.
    -Ironhide - definitely like the appearance better. The arms come apart more easily than the american version.
    -Ratchet - floppy in the legs, but otherwise very nice.
    -Silverbolt - slightly more loose

All in all, I'm pleased. They LOOK better, but they all have minor failings from loose joints to ill-fitting parts that bring them down a little.

Still have Megs and SS in the mail, so we'll se about them.

Is this on par with everyone's experience? I'm not trying to start a Hasbro vs Takara debate (really). I'm just trying to discuss differences in the toys and if there are generalities.

2. zeroXII

zeroXII metallicon

News Credits:
    Hmm, all my Henkeis are pretty solid, well except for thundercracker of course (that problem's too widespread). Bummer to hear about the QC. Hope Megs and SS turn out fine.

3. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So far the only Henkei problem I've experienced is with the well documented Thundercracker-cannon thing (plus his legs are a little loose). Aside from that, everything's been pretty good on my end.

4. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    My Skywarps legs are a little loose , but other than that, all my Henkei's rock.

5. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

I've got Megs, Cyclonus, Ratchet, and TC.

Only TC apparently had an issue, but that's from the person who I bought it from. Seems perfectly fine to me, he's just got a slightly loose right arm (at the shoulder). Cannons are fine, all other joints are great.

No issue otherwise.

6. unmc2001

unmc2001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have Henkei Prime, Jetfire, Ironhide, Ratchet, Bubmblebee, HotRod, Sunstreaker, Hound. I have not had any problems with them at all. My Universe Hound and Ironhide both had very loose leg joints but it has not been the case with my Henkeis.