Henkei VS. Classics legends.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Admiral Thrawn, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn Well-Known Member

Hey guys, i've heard that Takara has come out with legends class henkei figures. i was wondering, how much better are they then the classics versions? Worth the extra cost?

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    The only differences I know of are:

Wheelie is a lighter shade of orange, and they aren't doing Bumblebee yet, instead repainting him into Cliffjumper.

3. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    I still think the Henkei version of Brawn is an ugly color. I don't care how much more accurate some may think it is. It's entirely possible that G1 was wrong.... :p 

4. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    They're not actually out yet, just a lot of us retailers have them for pre-order now. It'll be a few more months before they're released (late April, off the top of my head). Takara's versions tend to be more show-accurate in comparison to the G1 cartoon versions of the characters (something the Legends Minibots were molded to do, but Hasro's paint jobs kind of gloss over some of the detailing for that).

And as noted, they have Cliffjumper instead of Bumblebee, since they're not big on redoing a character sometimes if they already have a perfectly acceptable version in the same toyline.

5. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    will there be a universe legends cliffjumper repaint?

6. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Comparing the pictures of the Henkei ones to the Hasbro ones, I can honestly say I thinkt he Hasbro ones are better. Though for some of them there isn't a huge difference. Wheelie is possibly the worst one of the Henkei versions. Looks kinda like the Hasbro one, but it's been sitting in direct sunlight for way too long.

We haven't heard of one yet, though I wouldn't be surprised if it did eventually happen.

7. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn Well-Known Member

thanks guys, that's a big money saver, lol.