Henkei vs. Classics - Legends Cosmos, Wheelie, Warpath, etc.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TheBigMachine, Nov 29, 2009.

1. TheBigMachine

TheBigMachine Initiating JAZZ HANDS!

News Credits:
    Hey, can anyone tell me what the differences, if any, there are between the Henkei & Classics/Universe 2.0 Beachcomber, Brawn, Bumblebee, Cliffjumper, Cosmos, Rodimus, Warpath & Wheelie?

The Henkei versions are much more easy to obtain. Does anyone think Hasbro will be putting these out again next year or have we seen all that we're going to see of these?

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    the henkei version of legends class bumblebee is red and named cliffjumper, for starters.

3. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

If Hasbro does re-release them, I'd imagine they'd be a store-exclusive or something. Multi-packs as well. Because while distribution may have sucked big time, those Legends were still technically mass released.

I don't quite know about ALL of those comparisons, but I do know that Henkei Wheelie is more yellow & orange than the two-tone orange of the Universe version. No real idea on the others, or just that nothing else was as noticeable (except obviously for Bumblebee now being Cliffjumper).

If you're asking if you should get them or wait, get them. So far, nothing's been announced as to whether Hasbro's is going to redistribute them. Go for the sure thing if you want them.

4. TheBigMachine

News Credits:
    Yeah, I was aware of that. I should have been more clear.

5. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2009
  6. Seibermore

Seibermore Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Brawn has a different shade of green and orange, Cosmos, I have no idea whats different about him. Same with Beachcomber. Rodimus... Was he even released in Japan? Warpath has a darker shade of red, Bumblebee is now Cliffjumper (Who looks much better in those colors.) Wheelie is just a much more yellowy orange and the blue is now replaced with silver. They are almost the same except BB ad CJ. Its all your preference. And the Henkei is much more easier to get. My town didnt get the wave with Cosmos and Warpath, but My friend who was in Japan recently, was able to get me all of the Henkei Minibots. Also if Jazz, G2 Megatron, and Rodimus were all not released in Japan, wouldn't that give is an exclusive wave?

7. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy of the Allspark

News Credits:
    I have them, I can tell you. There isn't a Henkei release of Legends Rodimus.

Henkei Beachcomber is a paler blue, with a slightly grayer light gray compared the more vivid blue and lighter light gray.

Henkei Brawn is olive, with dark gray legs & arms, and light yellow chest with red & white Autobot symbol. Universe is forest green, light gray legs and sparkly blue arms, bright orange chest and silver Autobot symbol.

Henkei Cliffjumper is red and gray while Universe Bumblebee is yellow and black. They have different colored windows too (both blue).

Henkei Warpath is metallic dark red, as opposed to light brick red. Henkei WP has dark gray parts, gray eyes, gray chest detail, and a red and white Autobot symbol while the Universe version is light gray, black eyes, yellow chest detail, and a black Autobot symbol.

Henkei Cosmos his darker green and yellow, with all silver arm detail, and blue chest detail, while the Universe version is lighter green and yellow (the colors are not too different), silver and blue arm detail, and silver chest detail.

Henkei Wheelie is light orange-yellow, light orange, gray wheels/window/waist, with gray details (chest & sling shot) with a silver face and metallic blue eyes. Universe Wheelie is light orange, orange, light gray wheels/window/waist, light blue chest details, turqouise sling shot, light gray face, blue eyes.

I think the biggest differences are between Brawn, Wheelie, and Warpath. Besides the obvious Cliffjumper & Bumblebee differences. Beachcomber is the least different, followed by Cosmos.

I much prefer Henkei Brawn to Universe Brawn, but I really like Universe Wheelie to Henkei Wheelie. Warpath is great either way (I prefer the Henkei red, but the yellow detail on the Universe).

With whichever versions you get, you are getting some great figures. I suggest you get whichever is easiest and/or cheapest for you, as they are great no matter what.

Randy

8. TheBigMachine

News Credits:
    I really appreciate all the feedback. Thanks everyone.