Minor/Repaint: Henkei/United Stuntrons

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by QmTablit, Aug 28, 2009.

1. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

2010.10.29 2:30p

[​IMG]

Kicking this off with Breakdown. Used to be a Red Alert partswapped with Sideswipe, getting rid of all the crap grey and red parts. Gave him a buzzcut and attached the windshield/roof to the front of the car with a ball joint and socket from Bluestreak's door wing.

Paints were Tamiya Racing White and Racing Blue, with Racing Red on the hood. The face was a mix of Flat Aluminum and Clear Red, turned out that bronze-ish color which isn't too bad.

Decepticon emblems are just e-Hobby stickers placed before going over with the coat of Future.

I'm not 100% pleased, and may have to give this another go 'round some time in the future. We'll see. It's not bad. And it'll be kept in car mode once I finish up Menasor anyway.

Chrome gun and spoiler on the way.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Can't wait to see how this turns out.

3. ironarm

ironarm SHALL RETURN IN NOVEMBER

me too.

top part is wrong...very very wrong

4. aurascope

aurascope Kitbash Resource Indexer

Ebay:
    You should credit the guy who first used classics inferno as motormaster.
    I think he deserves it!

5. QmTablit

??
    I'm not at all claiming to be the first to do so (I even mention that mine won't be like Malfunction's), but in all honesty, I can't recall off the top of my head who I'd first seen it from.

My choice of molds aren't ground-breaking (I think I said that in another of my threads).

I'll go search it.

Edit: For the life of me, it's not coming up in any searches. If anyone knows or can find who first made a Motormaster from the Inferno mold, let me know. I'd really appreciate it.

6. Solrac333

Ebay:
  7. ironarm

ironarm SHALL RETURN IN NOVEMBER

i meant the sad face on top of last comment i made.

8. QmTablit

No, I'm pretty sure I'd seen one done before Malfunction had posted that. It was a thread of just Motormaster alone. The guy had repainted Inferno black and grey, I think used purple to accent some details and add the stripe, and had kept Inferno's head but boxed it up- which a few people had made crits about.

I'll keep looking.
    Ah. LOL I hadn't noticed.

9. QmTablit

10. Solrac333

Ebay:
    Good find. You're right. I also commented on that thread too. It's really hard to find stuff even with the search feature.

11. QmTablit

Alright, so I'm changing things up from how I had originally planned. Now I AM indeed creating the combined Menasor from the individual Stunticons, and along with that, I've changed my choice in molds for the cars.

Drag Strip is, as before, SE Universe Drag Strip.

[​IMG]

Breakdown is, as before, a Sideswipe retool (ignore the Inferno in the picture now).

[​IMG]

I still don't have the figures yet, but Wildrider will be a spoiler-less Classics Hot Rod and Dead End will be a repainted Henkei Hot Shot. I hope to get these to me by the end of the year.

I had previously envisioned Motormaster as a repainted Universe Inferno with possibly a head swap. Now-

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I've already gone and lobbed off Nemesis Prime's head off, swapped it with Energon Superion Maximus' head- just removing the... horns? first. After that, he was left with a robo-mohawk thing that I would've loved to keep. But it wouldn't have clearance to transform the head down properly. Also went ahead and put a very thinned (as in, one drop paint to one drop thinner) of clear red on the inside of the windshield and side windows. Still need to paint him up somehow, something I'll have to put some thought into.

This'll lead to how I plan to have a combining Menasor... by using either a Shadow Commander set or possibly the KO version. It's kind of a cheap combination as the individual Stunticons will basically plug into either Shadow Commander's shoulders or legs, but that's honestly the look I'm going for. It also makes note of the fact that Menasor was the shortest of the G1 combiners (or so I read somewhere).

Anyway, just wanted to lay out my plans thus far and give an update with the minor work I've done so far. Hopefully I can get everything else I need in the next few months.

Thanks for looking, comments and discussion are more than welcome.

12. Shelfwarmercon

Shelfwarmercon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Good eye on Energon Superion's head for Motor Master.

So there'll be no Unicron or Primus parts used for this project?

13. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Nice work! I like the choice for Motormaster's head. I think it'll look great once painted up. :thumb 

14. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

I love the Superion head for Motormaster! Good call!

I do prefer the Inferno mold for him though... it has the appropriate boxy bulk for the character, although the truck itself needs some work to look right.

zmog

15. maximus_primal

maximus_primal Autobot

Good choice of vehicles. Those are the exact same ones I am using for my version 2.0. Can't wait to see how your's comes out.

16. QmTablit

Thanks. I can't wait to just be able to buy all the figures I need for this. Haha
    Thanks. Yeah, I would've kept with the Inferno mold if I were sticking to just making individual Stunticons and not making them combine. But this way, I think, is the best option for me to make a Menasor.
    Thanks. I'll likely make a couple more Seekers or something to practice painting with beforehand. Work on my skills with that some more.
    Thanks. No. No Unicron or Primus parts. Everything is going to combine via Motormaster's trailer- the Shadow Commander kit.

17. maximus_primal

maximus_primal Autobot

Oh you make me sick!!! Now I am really jealous. That is exactly what I am planning on doing. Now I get to see how you do it so my job is now easier. :lol 

18. QmTablit

Ahaha

I kind of imagine it to be a pretty easy work overall. Individual paint work and minor mods, and then plugging the figure into the SC parts. Oh, and then of course painting the the SC kit and such.

The hard part for me is getting the money up to buy everything and the painting. Haha

19. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    I think Cash's first/earliest attempt at dying the figure black melted it, I'm not sure where he is on it now. Still waiting for my birthday present from him, of Motormaster, Break Down and Dead End, apparently he's using a different mold for my MM?!? Not sure what though. Art can't be rushed I guess...I wait patiently - kind of.

20. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I really like what you've done with the Sideswipe mold. There's quite a bit of potential to make him look like the new comic version :)