Henkei Thundercracker question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Chaos Prime, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Hi All.
    I have a question for all of you who already own Japanese Henkei Classics Thundercracker.

I just got him in the mail today, and I opened the figure only to discover that his right gun does NOT fit into his right arm. It fits fine in his hand and on his wing, but not his arm. The hole is just too big.
    Is this a common problem for the Japanese Henkei Classics Thundercracker?
    Because I might have to contact BigBadToyStore and lodge a complaint.
    I payed about what...$70 (of birthday money no less) for the figure just to get a defect.
    But I'd like some perspective on this this before i email them.
    I'd appreciate any help you could offer.

2. therealjondoe

therealjondoe Well-Known Member

seems 2 be a common problem with the figure

3. Dead Metal

Dead Metal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    you're a lucky one, everybody els complaines about having the same problem on both arms.

4. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    yes sir, very common problem..everyone has it on both arms, im surprised u havent read about it already...very sad for such an expensive toy...but then again, easily fixed...apply a thin layer of clear nail polish around the sides of the hole in the arm...after it dries, it should fit..if not, apply another coat....shouldnt have to do this after spending 70 bucks on a deluxe class classic, but it can be done

5. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The cost of a toy or it being exclusive has nothing to do with. Hasbro is intentionally running this mold into the ground. Each release will be worse till it is so bad they cant use it anymore.

6. Peanut04

Peanut04 Under Construction

News Credits:
    Very common problem. There are screws on the back on his shoulders. Some people have been able to tighten these screws with success, some not so much.

7. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Check out the numerous threads already on this subject, then you'll see!

Mine's still MISB (haven't got around to opening yet), but I'm guessing it'll have the same problem...

8. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have this problem as well as some bad paint applications. My botcon version blows this version away I don't why the quality is so bad so I will just leave it in Jet mode.

9. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    well i expected higher quality when spending this much money on a single figure, thats wat i meant.. im sure a lot of people will agree here...i spend $10 on a TFU galvatron fig and i dont mind fixing the loose joints...but this is different..and disappointing

10. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

I'm still waiting for a release at a friendlier price...

It's a $70 toy but that doesn't translate into $70 quality. Remember, that this is just an "exclusive" repaint of a figure you would otherwise pay $7-10 at Walmart if it ever reached the states.

11. Dead Metal

Dead Metal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yes you would expect that but remember that the $70 arn't the real price, that price is retail price+ shipping to the Japanese customer who ordered it, a little extra for him, shipping to the US and then BBts wants to make some profit.

12. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Just got mine yesterday, the guns a little loose in the shoulder sockets but they still sit in there just fine. It does limit the posing I guess but then he'll be standing pretty much straight up on the shelf so it's not an issue for me. The question is do I put henkei or botcon TC on the shelf...

13. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Good grief! And I haven't even opened my yet! It is a little disheartening to read about the problem! XD

14. roykop

roykop Cassetticon

News Credits:
    Same issue with mine, but they are also pretty loose in the wings. Gonna try tightening the shoulder screws, but if not I'll give the nail polish a try.

15. ChrisW

ChrisW Well-Known Member

Tightening the screws will just make the shoulder joint harder to move. The two solutions I have heard that work are:

1) Undo the screw(s) holding the upper arm together and sand down the contact parts of the upper arm pieces. This will result in a smaller hole when the upper arm pieces are reconnected.

2) Add something (tape, clear nail polish, etc) to the inner surface of the arm holes until the guns fit properly.

Note that you do not want to make the pegs bigger, since they already fit in the wing holes and fist holes.

16. Bjjer

Bjjer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Opened my Henkei Thundercracker yesterday. The right arm will not hold the launcher, but the left does. The paints are great and he is not loose. I guess i got lucky. My henkei Starscream had worse paints and looser joints.

17. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Thanks for all your suggestions and input guys. I think I'll just go ahead and try to repair TC instead of attempting to return it to BBTS, for I doubt that will do little good.

18. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Had no idea about this problem. I was thinking about getting this next paycheck too. Still might honestly, but that is a shame.

19. lookinglasself

lookinglasself 1.21 Jigowatts

As much as it pisses me off, it's a common problem. Mine had loose legs, loose feet, loose wings, and both launcher's wouldn't fit in the arms before I fixed him with clear nail polish.

After all of that has been said, he really IS a great figure though. He's THUNDERCRACKER, after all. :) 

20. ShadowStitch

ShadowStitch vectoring the hate plague

I have been selling off a few of these Henkei Thundercrackers over in Junkion exchange, and I actually had someone contact me about buying one and ask me if I would open one and check the joints for them before I shipped it, and tighten them up if need be.

I hadn't opened any yet, so I opened one for him, and yeah, it was really REALLY loose in the legs, wings, and the arm gun holes. I had to give the loose bits the ca glue treatment, after which the fit was much improved and the stability was more satisfying.

Out of curiosity I opened the one I had set aside for myself, and yep, the same loose guns and floppy joints, though the wings were fine on this one. I went ahead and tightened that one up too.

(Then I tell the dude I'm done with it and of course he tells me he doesn't want it now. Great, thanks ya jerk.)