Henkei Streak vs Universe Silverstreak

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Renidragon, Jan 2, 2010.

1. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

So I'm looking at my second Universe Silverstreak, and the paint apps are failing pretty hard. Same problem as my first Silverstreak, this one's just lasted longer. I'm wondering if, perhaps, Henkei Streak is a bit more resilient to the "sticky paint syndrome" that has plagued Universe Prowl, Silverstreak, and presumably Smokescreen? Luckily, my Smokescreen is in good shape and showing no signs of paint wear on his transluscent plastic parts.

2. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    My Ironhide has "Stick paint syndrome".

Bummin' me out. Glad your Silverstreak is okay.

3. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    I can only compare Henkei Streak to Uni Prowl, and Streak definitely has a harder paint job. I don't see any signs that his paint will smear, rub, or take a fingerprint. You'd probably want to go that route.

4. Geof7609

Geof7609 Brake Pioneer

I recently got Henkei Prowl & while I've never actually owned the Classics version, I've looked at him when he was in stores & was put off by the halfassed paint job. I've also seen pictures & heard enough stories about his paint being tacky (like my Classics Ironhide) & having blurred lettering, etc. Whereas Classics Prowl uses a glossy white paint, Henkei uses a flat (or barely semi-gloss) paint & has none of those issues. I'd be genuinely surprised, even shocked, if TakaraTomy let figures that retail for 2300 yen & up get to market with those QC issues. I think you can feel secure buying Henkei Streak.

5. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

You must've misread my post - my Silverstreak's paint is... not doing too good. I'm a little afraid to handle him.... so I know how you feel about your Ironhide. Mine's just fine, luckily, but you know how I feel - scared of rubbing the paint off.

6. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

I have not touched my prowl and ironhide in a while cause of the paint. Its sad to because i LOVE both figures but that paint.:cry 

7. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have Classics Prowl and Henkei Silverstreak. Prowl's surviving so far; no issues for me though to be honest I avoid handling him too much just to be safe. Silverstreak is just fine though.