Henkei Sideswipe Tankor Silverstreak pics

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by ultraq, Aug 1, 2008.

1. loudstone

loudstone Artobot

I know, those talented Japanese can actually transform their Transformers! Maybe one day they will teach us Americans how to do the same.

That's what REALLY bugs me. Chrome on spoilers? I don't like it, but oh well. Skipping chrome on parts that really SHOULD have it? Epic fail.

2. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    For me too, more than happy with the Hasbro ones

3. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Volcanicus Torso

News Credits:
    Somewhere Wearing The Dinobots As Gloves & Boots
    I wasn't just talking spoilers. Most of the G1 figures that they recreated in the Classics line had chrome on them. Prime had chrome smokestacks, grille, and rims. Grimlock had chrome arms and toes in dino mode and a chrome chest in robot mode.

The fact that Takara didn't put the chrome in the same exact places as on the G1 figures is irrelevant and in my opinion isn't the crime that alot of collectors are making it out to be because it looks great especially when you own the Takara versions and have had the chance to look at them up close and personal. The chrome really does look great on these figures.

The chrome on G1 figures was just as random......and everyone loves those to death.

4. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

See, I wouldn't have an issue with the chrome if it actually made sense on most of the figures. But it DOESN'T on almost all of them. Sure Geewun had randomass chrome, but that was 25 years ago, you'd think we could get sensible placement by now.
    DN

5. Fury

Fury Well-Known Member

I `m still looking forward to getting sideswipe. As for the rest I think we should be greatful threir getting back to the older transformers and not so much with those stupit anime transformers.

6. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

yea now that you mention that, lol i might be actually interested in the diaclone sideswipe now :3 just transform it as sunstreaker lol

7. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    To be fair all of this is vacuum-metallized plastic. That is, the entire part is made 'chromed' in a brittle plastic.

Wheels can't be done this way unless the rim and the tire are seperate pieces. Of course, what they could have done is painted the rims in chrome paint...

I meant that except when it made sense dude. Modern TF toys generally deco themsleves with modern, more realistic sensibilities, so yes, chrome on a truck is correct (toy and real life), but random chrome on cars on parts that aren't normally chromed in either real life or in Transformers is kind of off.

And Henkei Grimlock is just bloody cheesy.

Those stupid (and successful) anime Transformers funded your stupid Classics Transformers :D 

8. Dolza_Khyron

yea that's another thing i never liked about chrome, it's too damn brittle!

9. Mixmaster

Mixmaster 4F 68 A0 54 69 74 73 21

News Credits:
    D'oh! I forgot about that. I still think Takara can make better choices about what to chrome.

Yeah, well, it's supposed to be a disguise. But, even if Sunstreaker's spoiler is a homage, Sideswipe's and Silverstreak's isn't.

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I could see the chrome spoiler on 'Streaker, but Sideswipe?

But yeah, these are kinda ugly with the random chrome.

11. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, Silverstreak/Bluestreak looks pretty good!

12. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    Actually Silver/Blue-streak's definitely is. Both the G1 TF version and the Diaclone version (which this Classics deco is going after) was "chromey" (I don't have a fig in front of me, but it was either chrome or just shiny paint) on the rear. This is quite fitting with the Diakron/Diaclone Red Sunstreaker tribute since we're not getting a new mold for Sideswipe. Given those contexts, the chrome hardly seems random

13. Dolza_Khyron

i was hoping it'd be a blue bluestreak though, or an all silver one, thoses i'd be interested in, but, meh the all chrome missile/launchers look worse then prowl's all white ones, in my opinion lol the chrome missiles fine, but at least make the launcher black or red or something.

14. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Neither G1 Bluestreak or Prowl had a spoiler on their toys. Only Smokescreen had a small spoiler, and that wasn't chromed, either.

15. loudstone

loudstone Artobot

QFT!

And remember, some of us actually really like the animated toys. Nobody is forcing you to buy them, so just ignore them.

16. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    Good call. Post fixed. So to correctly deco the Silverstreak they should have chromed the entire rear section and ditched the spoiler. Somehow I have a feeling everyone would still chastise that. lol

17. Runamuck

Runamuck Sushi

News Credits:
    Very awesome! Although Tankor(Octane) looks the least affected by the chrome treatment, I will still probably get him. The cars are an automatic for me. Don't even have to think about getting those.

Hmmm....maybe a Japanese convention exclusive blue Bluestreak? Don't know, it was something I was thinking. I hope so, though! :D 

18. Brunkion76

Brunkion76 HE>i

just plain bad,and would it have been too much to make an attachable missile launcher for sideswipe since he isn't getting the engine instead of just using his gun?on a side note,as far as hasbro prowl,i just took a silver paint pen and did his missiles right,works just fine,might even do the gun as well.oh well,different strokes for different folks on the chrome issue.

19. Runamuck

Runamuck Sushi

News Credits:

I took a silver paint pen and colored his missiles silver just like you. I also did his exhaust pipes since they're black...which is pretty lame.

20. Sledgehammer

Sledgehammer Ancient and knackered

Am I the only one who really wished that TakTomy and Hasbro had actually put their heads together beforehand, and said 'okay, chrome goes here, here and here, but definitely not there'? Or at the very least, picked up a copy of Generations and thought 'ah, right, that's where we can put it on this particular character' instead of arbitrarily slapping it over everyone?

Thought not. :p