Henkei seekers

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by untitledblinkfa, Jul 28, 2011.

1. untitledblinkfa

untitledblinkfa Well-Known Member

Got into collecting late and missed all of these guys. Recently picked up dirge on the cheap, but all the other ones seem to fetch 75+ on evilbay. My question is what's the going rate you'd all say is for them as a fair deal and what did they cost when they first came out.
    Also anyone like the classic/universe/generations paint jobs better?

Thanks

2. blur3479

blur3479 The most boring member

News Credits:
    Ok, for all the definitives you have henkei starscream classics skywarp generations thundercraker henkei ramjet generations thrust and dirge that's how I see it

3. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Wouldn't the definitive Skywarp be the Gentei! Skywarp? It's somewhat less common, but it's more G1-accurate, and all the other definitive versions on your list would be fairly close to G1 as well.

4. aledromo

aledromo Decepticon at the Gate

Sorry to say but Botcon Thrust is the only Thrust for the true G1 seeker enthusiast. Good luck on evilbay with that one though.

5. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

I feel the Classics Skywarp is much more striking than the Gentei, regardless of the accuracy. The rest are pretty much as blur listed, although Ramjet is kind of personal preference.

If you look around hard enough, you might be able to find Thrust and Thundercracker at retail. TC, at least, has been popping up again as shelf space clears out between DOTM waves.

6. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Not sure what the going rate is for them now, but when they first came out, Starscream and Ramjet were about $30 each (give or take $5). The other 4 were exclusives, and through the secondary retailers they were $125-$175 per pair. Thrust and Dirge can be found cheaper than that, and there are pretty decent KOs of Thundercracker and Skywarp.

The reason I like them more is because the colorschemes and lines on the original three are more consistant. Can't say that Thrust and Dirge are the best versions with their wing stripes, and a lot of people don't like the chrome. It is all personal preference, but I like the Japan versions and am glad to have a set.

7. 1984forever

1984forever Banned

These are practical and G1 accurate-
    Classics 2.0 Starscream
    Henkei Skywarp
    Henkei Thundercracker

Henkei Ramjet
    Henkei Thrust
    Generations Dirge

8. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    Practical, yes. (In term of pricing)

G1 accurate, no. ;) 

9. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Whether we like it or not, the going rate IS the ebay rate.

10. terry981

terry981 Well-Known Member

Good luck and yes I do prefer the Henkei ones more but all my seekers and rainmakers are hasbro versions due to me joining the party late too. I was able to get them all dirt cheap except classics Skywarp. I can tell you Skywarp is at least $50. Half if you get the KO Henkei version.

11. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got Henkei Dirge and Starscream. Saw Henkei Skywarp at a store once and passed (I wish I didn't, he's the only seeker I'm missing). I definitely prefer the Henkei paint job over the Hasbro ones, but the Generations Coneheads are an improvement.

12. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Yea, Hasbro definately stepped up their game on the colorschemes on the Generations Coneheads. While Botcon Thrust is still my favorite of that character, Hasbro really did Dirge a lot of justice with the scheme on their Generations release.

13. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 The F*cking Lizard King! Veteran

News Credits:
    The most G1 accurate versions to me are:

Universe 2.0 Starscream
    Henkei (or KO) Thundercracker
    Henkei (or KO) Skywarp
    Generations Thrust
    Generations Dirge
    No preference on Ramjet

I myself own almost all the incarnations of this mold, including the KOs, except the BotCon set.

14. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Brony

News Credits:
    I actually don't like any of the Henkei Seekers. The chrome is a HUGE deal breaker for me. I don't like it one bit on the body of my figures, so I avoid them like the plague.

That saying, I prefer the paint jobs of the Classics/Universe 2.0/Generations ones. Each one is unique and different, which is great for three different characters.

15. Billzilla

Billzilla Skeptic

News Credits:
    The KO Ramjet is also quite nice. Chromed bits and all.

16. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    i perfer the retail american versions, but i would love to have botcon thrust wings, cause the american thrust outside of that is BEAUTIFUL

henkei has the best starscream though, followed by classics

anyone who says universe 2.0 starscream is the best is wrong, that thing is so damn ugly it should considered a knockoff, it looks HORRIBLE compared to the first classics release. the first one is fine outside of the unpainted face

17. MrSneis

MrSneis Build Giant Robot!

News Credits:
    My Hasbro seekers satisfy me. Even those weren't cheep ;(

18. kjyl

kjyl I'm a shark.

I prefer the Generations Thrust mold. The paint scheme is just better in my opinion.

19. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    The biggest problem with the CHUG Seekers is that they kept changing with each new release, so people had to sort of mix & match them to get the best display they could.

Classics Starscream, Ramjet & Skywarp
    - while they retained their original color palettes, they all came with a fancy new deco style. They also had rub signs on the wings instead of faction logos.

Botcon 2007 Thundercracker, Dirge & Thrust
    - all pretty much note for note copies of the plain G1 look complete with mimicking stickers, so they really stood apart from the Wave 1 Classics. Plus Dirge at that time was just a lame repaint of the Ramjet mold. They had rub signs as well, but placed differently.

Henkei Starscream, Thundercracker & Skywarp
    - probably the best representation of the G1 look in terms of paint schemes & visible faction logos, but in a lot of people's opinion, the use of chrome killed them a bit... and once again they only really fit in with themselves figure wise.

Henkei Ramjet, Thrust & Dirge
    - imo, easily the worst looking of all the Seekers thanks to the watered down plain G1 paint schemes AND use of chrome. Even compared to the original Henkei trio, they look beyond plain.

Universe Starscream (G1 deco)
    - plain, plain, plain... and far to white & bright. Also suddenly sporting proper faction symbols on his wings, so he stands apart (not in a good way) from the original Wave 1 Classics and the Botcon '07 batch.

Generations Thrust, Dirge & Thundercracker
    - pretty much near perfection in way of better paint jobs than the Henkei versions (Coneheads anyway), new wing molds for Thrust & Dirge to stand apart from the Botcon versions, proper faction symbols, and just all in all "nailed it!" in terms of delivering.

So by that breakdown (all just personal views of course), the guys who could really use a North American re-release would be Starscream in proper greys instead of stark white. and Skywarp with a more traditional and less funky purple paint scheme. All in G1-ish patterns of course to blend with Thrust, TC & Dirge. Ramjet, I think, can stay as is.

20. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

I have both full sets of Hasbro Seekers and Henkei/Gentei Seekers, the only ones I don't have are the BotCon '07 ones.

Really, Hasbro or Henkei- you're not going wrong either way.