Henkei Ratchet Video Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Reviews' started by Peaugh, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
  2. 0R10N P4X

0R10N P4X Banned

News Credits:
    Love it.

3. Maximus_Prime

Maximus_Prime Graphicon

News Credits:
    crap, now I don't know whether to get the Henkei or Universe one. I have some time to decide though, no rush

Good review

4. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Definitely going to have to order that soon.

5. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    Is there any chance we can get a followup video with the proper transformation?

The bumper should fold up revealing the chestplate, and I'd like to see if the wheels fit into the backpack.

Finally, a quick question - is he plagued with sticky paint?

6. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    I'll see what I can do when GenZhao gets back on.

7. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    Thanks.

And Peaugh, I'd prepare for community backlash if I were you.

Not that I mind one bit, but I can imagine that with this new arrangement, it'll mean you'll be able to scoop people 90% of the time. And I imagine that the intertubes will be a-whining about how unfair that is.

Not that I'm complaining. You and GenZhao are doing everyone else a service. Hasbro should be sending their stock photographers links to your channel to find out how to take proper pictures (after all, the video reviewers usually have their reviews out before the non-photoshopped pics turn up)

8. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:

I can imagine. I'm hoping that providing reviews of a lot more older/classic/sought-after figures on top of first looks will allay some of that, but I know the fandom, and I'm bracing for the worst of it. The thing is, GenZhao approached ME with the idea, and I thought it might be neat and mutually beneficial, so I agreed. He gets an audience to try out in front of and help with his videos, and I get some time to focus on some older figures I want to hunt down. We've discussed it pretty thoroughly, and he knows he's more than welcome to spin off into his own channel whenever he wishes, with all the help I can give him, regardless of whether his early reviews conflict at all with any I may do in the future. I HOPE there's no drama this time, I got more than enough with the Soundwave incident. But I'm not letting it drag me down if it pops up again. And I'm not going to give up on something that I'm quite having fun doing just because someone starts crying that it's unfair.

9. zeroXII

zeroXII metallicon

News Credits:
    The 'soundwave' incident was silly and childish. Way i see it, first person gets the figure should be allowed to review it first if he wants to. Why would he have to hold back coz some attention hound called dibs on a first review?

But i digress, that was the past and should stay that way. Hopefully we've all grown past that.

10. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    not sure exactly wat the incident(s) was about, but another great review, and thanks for that! im very much tempted to get this figure, although i might wanna compare it to universe ratchet before.. pictorial review coming up soon?

11. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:

You have to ask GenZhao, he shot the vid. I don't have the figure yet.

12. QmTablit

I guess as far as the videos themselves are concerned, it'd help a lot if that white & foil (?) backdrop were actually moved to the floor (the floor to the toys anyway). Those things just reflect way too much light back into the camera and darken everything that should be the focus (the toy). I think that, along with a flat white backdrop would help greatly.

Really, that's my only issue with Mike's videos. Otherwise, they've been fine.

13. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Yeah, a lot of people have mentioned the foil bits being an issue. It'll get discussed. It might be possible to leave them in the background but move the lighting around so it's not reflected.

14. QmTablit

Yeah. I wouldn't get rid of them, I actually think they're really cool. But angling it so that the light is reflecting elsewhere would make things much clearer.

15. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

I do like the way Takara did for Ratchet, he looks G1-ish, but more modern. While the Hasbro looks more like the comics I think IDW in ways, but still I get that one and think if I should paint the red projection he has into more like the cartoon.