Henkei Ramjet - Can you spot the difference?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by flamingunicron, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

CHROMED. TAILFINS. I mean... really. Chromed tailfins.
    *head asplode*

2. dark69

dark69 BlackArachnia Terrorize!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i like the hasbro one...i hate chrome on toys

3. Rodr-Evil

Rodr-Evil Anubicron TFW2005 Supporter

The chromed looks nice imo.

4. GavynN.X.

GavynN.X. I want AM thundercracker

News Credits:
    Takara version is cleaner and sexier + looks more like G1.

Hasbro version has ******ed stripes and mustard on the rear thrusters. It looks like Ramjet shat his pants!

5. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Oh man. Can someone please tell Takara to stop randomly chroming parts? It just looks silly. I like the plain red wings, but the chrome really doesn't work for me at all. The Hasbro one looks MUCH better IMO.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2008
  6. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Henkei Sunstreaker superior, Henkei Ramjet inferior.

7. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

WE HAVE A WINNA!

8. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I really like this version I guess it is because I want to display it with a G1 Ramjet. To me this makes it that much better of a G1 upgrade.

9. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    I think the robot mode is much more visually appealing than the American one with all that red added. Plus the unconventional color for the fists and feet.

One thing that's really surprising to me is the wings and what happens as the result of them being red. I would have thought they would have simply been painted, as it seems they are tied to the new parts for Ramjet from Starscream. Now they seem to be tied to the missiles as the missles (if you look at the insertion point) are actually red painted gray.

Now my memory may be foggy but isn't it against US laws to paint a projectile on a toy? Apparently it's not an issue in Japan, but I can't recollect them doing so before (painting a projectile). Hopefully there is some precendence someone of a painted missile.

Seems Ramjet's cockpit and boosters are chromed.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Yeah, the Henkei's robot mode is a lot more interesting me, despite the more white (I think that helps actually). The gray is a lot darker than the publicity pictures showed. His triangles match the cartoon and Botcon Dirge.

I prefer the cooler gray, and less orangey red. I also prefer the more pure white to the vanilla of the Classics. Though, it's clear that some of the nicer parts of the Classics were used on the Henkei (like the gold highlights). Jet mode is a little less interesting though.

Randy

10. Vladakris

Vladakris Predacon

Ive always not gave a crap about the cone heads, still dont. Love chrome on toys, wish they would put it on more Tfs, but as far as this figure goes it does nothing for me, I didnt by the hasbro one, im not buying this one. The only real seekers to me are Starscream, Thundercracker, and Skywarp. But im not gonna complain about where the chrome is becuase well thats stupid.

11. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    at first I thought the biggest problem was the all-white arms that goes against the whole G1-accuracy thing they've been attempting. them I thought the biggest problem was the chrome tailfins, which is pretty damn stupid.

but then I noticed they chromed the pilot seat.

takara chromed a chair.

wtf chrome festival.

12. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    My thoughts exactly, here's hoping I can find a use for the leftover parts!

13. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    Hasbro win this round in my eyes.

14. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Put the other parts together into a crap version, then repaint him into Dirge?

15. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    The only thing these watered down G1 repaints do is prove (to me) that Hasbro was right on the money with updating the paint schemes along with the updated mold designs. I'm firmly planted in the G1 loyalty department as much as anyone, but keeping the bare basic lack of detail paint schemes from 25 years ago just looks like shit on these updated figures. Even where Megatron & Powerglide are concerned, yeah they're slightly better and/or more accurate than Hasbro's versions, but they're still lacking overall imo. Topped with the haphazard additions of chrome to everything, these went from being great molds to looking incredibly cheap and almost KOish almost instantly.

IMO, that is.

16. chuckcjc

chuckcjc Wheeljack Engineer Corp.

News Credits:
    When did it become cool to bash Chromed parts? Every single Henkei thread, the same people come out and feel the need to complain about the Chrome.

These complaints... are getting so... plain.

17. Vladakris

Vladakris Predacon

Yeah im a stong supporter of chrome. Im guessing complaining about the chrome is just another way to pick these apart like a Canibal on a dead person. I do hate rub symbols though. Imop anything that has a cone head looks like shit, well except for that one gundam that turned into a bird.

18. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    After people were willing to shell out money for this, I'd say there's nothing Takara could do wrong, sadly.

19. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    You've seen Grimlock, right?

That one makes no damned sense at all, and I've yet to see anybody give a valid reason for a Rex's neck to be chromed and a robot's leg armor to be chromed randomly while the rest of the body is plain as can be. I mean, why even bother? Hell, they could've just chromed the gold parts and stuck with that because I suppose an entirely chromed out Grimlock would be a little costly, but wtf?

Then all of the sudden his FEET too? Okay, if the beast mode's feet can be chromed, why not the bot mode's (the rex's head)?

The only effect that any of the chrome does for the robot mode is "LOOK, ME GRIMLOCK NOW HAVE SHINY PANTS!", and sadly, they aren't feetsy pajamas.
    DN

20. Vladakris

Vladakris Predacon

I think people should really just shut up about the chrome. Its like primes flames jeezz. People that like it will like it people that hate it wil hate it. Its not worth mentioning in every god damned post. But I buy both, I think each version Hasbro and Takara are good in there own ways.