Henkei Prowl and Silverstreak...Are they worth it?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Razorclaw, Nov 4, 2008.

1. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

Im interested in the quality of these two figures. Are they better or the same as Universe versions? I ask, since I live in Serbia and importing either ones costs me the same.

2. Boy who screams

Boy who screams Banned

From what I've heard, they're pretty much the same...
    BUT WITH CHROME!!!
    Blegh.

3. Caine

Caine Rise up to the glory!!

News Credits:
    I'd take Universe counterpart at any time given, rather than the Chromefailtastic Henkei.

4. Glitcher

Glitcher Banned

News Credits:
    Apparently Henkei Prowl's white paint is more consistent and Silverstreak lacks red wheel trims. If that floats your boat and you don't mind chrome, missiles, spoiler and gun, go for it.

5. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    My henkei prowl has zero QC issues and he's stiff enough. Streak should be here today or tomorrow, can't comment yet.

Generally for me, if a hasbro item and a takara item cost the same to import, I usually go with Takara.

6. DJCHARTERS

DJCHARTERS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    personally henkei prowl is almost identical to his universe counterpart. in terms of silverstreak, my henkei silverstreak arrived yesterday and i honestly prefer it over the universe one (which i have also) mailny due to the cartoon acurate gray colour rather then black. My henkei silverstreak does suffer the tacky paint issue though. it generally cost me the same buying either henkei or universe so its nice to pick and choose.

7. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    I have them as US and Henkei, but I prefer the US versions, the chrome I don't like.

8. Peanut04

Peanut04 Under Construction

News Credits:
    To me there are definitely cases of Henkei being better than Universe. I'd say there isn't anything about the Henkei version of Prowl and Silverstreak that warranted their purchase over Universe. So really it's just about whether or not you like the chrome.

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Nah, I'd just get Hasbro's. (The chrome on them is so random and ugly) Though for guy's like Sunstreaker or Sideswipe if you can get them for a good price I'd go Henkei. (since the chrome on them actually makes sense and LOOKS GOOD)

10. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why is everyone jumping on the "chrome = yuck" bandwagon. Used well - as it has been for MOST of the Henkei toys - chrome makes a good toy even better.

In relation to the question at hand, Henkei Prowl is substantially better than the Universe version. Chrome weapons = win, and he certainly doesn't suffer from any sticky paint. I'm assuming Bluestreak'll be the same.

Henkei all the way!!

11. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    personally, i dont like the chrome on the classics 2.0 line.. i liked it on the classics 1.0 line, though.. so far, i think the chrome apps on classics 2.0 are a bit strange...and i believe henkei prowl suffers from the same QC issues as hasbro's prowl

12. Peanut04

Peanut04 Under Construction

News Credits:

I don't personally hate chrome. In some cases, yes, chrome definitely makes the figure. I don't agree that is has been used well in "most" Henkei figures. Prime's grill is a great use of it, as well as Sunstreaker motor and spoiler. The problem is that alot of it is random and used only to make the figures different, i.e. Grimlicks neck, Galvatrons turret. While I do think chrome weapons are a great addition to the figures, I don't think they warrant the price.

13. lastmaximal

lastmaximal Hellspark

News Credits:
    i'm sure it's not even a bandwagon. people legitimately don't like how it looks.

14. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I just have Henkei Prowl (Streaker is coming soon) but I picked that version because of the chrome. Chromed gun and missiles I feel are more G1 accurate. Streaker is more of a toss up since the launchers do have the nice colored parts, but I went chrome anyway. Nice shiny gun.

15. Cascadia

Cascadia Ion Storm

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have both the Hasbro and Henkei versions of Prowl. Between the two, it is very subtle differences (more consistent color, lighter blue light-piping, much more red Autobot symbol, and a different light bar). My Henkei does not suffer any QC issues but they can experience the same problems as the Hasbro versions. At first, I hated the chrome spoiler but it has grown on me that I do not even notice it. In terms of these two, it pretty much comes down to chrome vs. no chrome.

In terms of Silverstreak, I just have 2 of the Hasbro version and both have no QC issues. I should be getting the Henkei version in a few weeks. Anyways, what I have seen from online pictures, it has two shades of silver/gray than silver and black. But I have seen a few images with QC issues.

16. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

I don't mind chrome, but I'm concerned about QC issues, mainly problems with paint. And judging by the threads I read here, Universe Prowl is much worse overall than Henkei Prowl, when paint is in question. I mean, Universe Prowl has 3 out of 5 figures with bad paint. So far, I have read about 1 or 2 Henkei Prowls total, having paint problems.

17. unclemarsellus

unclemarsellus Imaginaut

Don't know about Bluestreak but I highly recommend Henkei Prowl. I love the chrome and that should be the primary reason you choose it over the Universe version. I've never had the Universe version so I can't speak to the paint issues.

I will say that when it comes to quality control, both are equal. I will usually buy 2 of something just to make sure I can pick the best one. I had ordered 2 Prowl's and, sure enough, one of them was very scuffed around one of the rear lights and the paint wasn't as evenly applied. Luckily the other one was very good.

Which ever version you get, I highly recommend the Reprolabels upgrade set. Makes a good toy unbelievably great. So much nicer with G1-style decals. You don't realize how bland the original toy is until you put them on. Though, I know some of you are very averse to decals. Pfft! ;) 

18. 0R10N P4X

0R10N P4X Banned

News Credits:
    I have both, the Henkei version looks much better, especially the white and the added chrome. The Universe one looks cheap with the all-white shoulder missiles.

19. GreenScream

GreenScream Neo G1 Collector

News Credits:
    The common denominator for any Henkei thread is that half or more of the posts complain about the chrome.

If I didn't know any better, i would think that chrome is mankind's #1 enemy.

20. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    I have the US versions and have not run into any issues with Prowl & Silverstreak. I'd say get which ever one you can find for the best price since the differences seem to be very minor.