Henkei Prime or iGear Faith Leader?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by NeoZeRo35, Sep 9, 2010.

1. Lycanthropic Tendencies

Lycanthropic Tendencies Well-Known Member

No it's not.
    Classics Prime is 6 3/4 inches, I-Gear Prime is 8 1/4. That's an inch and a half.

Classics Onslaught has an inch long head. What deluxe has a head that big?

In fact, here are both Primes with Smokscreen in the middle. It's a lot more than one head difference.

[​IMG]

As you can see, the difference is far larger than you claim.

The average deluxe comes between 5 and 6 inches tall, much like the average human comes between 5 and 6 foot tall.
    So compared to other figures Classics Prime is like a 6 ft 9 inch tall person and I-Gear Prime is like a 8 ft 3 inch tall person.
    That's a massive difference especially when he gains considerable bulk with his height too.

Of course, whether that difference is for the better or worse is opinion, but it IS there.
    Cool, and in the comic, another official source of fiction, he was shown as the same height.
    In fact, in BOTH fictions, the variations put him as smaller, taller and the same size at different times.
    In short, there is no "proper" scale that Transformers has ever remained consistent in.
    It was and remains arbitrary.
    So whilst it's wrong for you it is right for plenty of others.

[​IMG]
    He's in G1 Marvel scale where he was as about as tall as Powermaster Prime in his armour.
    And he IS in toy scale too, and as Prime/Starscream toy scale seems to make a scale "proper" to you, shouldn't this?

2. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

I personally measured my faith leader from head to toe. the inch measurements were 7 inches & 3/4. Used the head that was attached to the figure. not the secondary one that has those huge horn like side antennas. measuring a figure from head to toe is the most accurate. I didn't measure faith leader from toe to shoulder smoke stacks.

[/QUOTE]
    Classics Onslaught has an inch long head. What deluxe has a head that big?
    [/QUOTE]

I measured a few animated & classics 2.0 deluxe sized robot heads.
    all the following have one inch long robot heads or bigger: 2.0 deluxe Cyclonus,Animated waspinator,Animated oil slick,animated swoop,animated blurr,animated bumblebee deluxe,animated lockdown,animated prowl. cybertron deluxe unicron,cybertron deluxe override,etc...

[/QUOTE]
    Cool, and in the comic, another official source of fiction, he was shown as the same height.In fact,
    [/QUOTE]

The TF G-1 Marvel comics had the worst size scale of them all. most fans dismiss the comics size levels as non-canon because they were EXTREMLY INACCURATE. examples fort max & scorponok being the same exact size in robot mode as shockwave,megatron,PMOP,Galvatron.

in the earlier issues regular optimus prime was the same height as shockwave.
    yet pmop & shockwave are still the same height.

It's been widely discussed at botcon marvel panels that the marvel G-1 comics transformers were out of scale. BECAUSE marvel was too cheap to draw one or 2 plus pages with a city formers or combiners in it. so marvel simply shrunk down the city formers/bigger robots to regular size to save artist/page costs.

most TF fans when they do G-1 transformers size comparisons use the toy line or the caroon or both.

3. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

I posted this in the cool thread earlier today, but I think it needs to be in this thread with the size comparison debates.

[​IMG]

Faith, Classics, TFTM Voyager, HFTD Voyager, & Generations.

4. axiom

axiom What the what?!?! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    My vote-
    [​IMG]
    Still love classics/henkei Prime though.

Attached Files:

5. fabexmax

fabexmax Well-Known Member

News Credits:

To have THIS (aside from you missing the armor for Magnus) display is why I got back into collecting! This is what TF CLASSICS is suppose to look like. Faith Leader FTW!

6. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Emphasis mine. You just made that up.

All of G1 has bizarre scaling. All you can really do is one of the following; take one particular scene or panel; go by alt mode scale; or just hang it all and get what you like. Despite the fact that I'm a bit of a scale junkie, the last approach is the most reasonable IMO for dealing with G1.

7. Rodimus_Prime

Rodimus_Prime Until all are one!

News Credits:
    Faith leader gets my vote...

8. poorboy8u

poorboy8u Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Totally what I'm goin for hah. Awesome collection.

9. Butuman

Butuman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Magnus squished a lizard.

10. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Henkei Prime for those worried about scale. Looking at all these pictures of IGear's Prime is not helping me pass on him. I will have to look up his review and see the quality of this figure.

11. kajobaldisimo

kajobaldisimo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yup! your picture is why i'm still wanting that expensive piece of knock-off. mp prime in that scale is just better for this shelf than the henkei one, which is still awesome.

12. Jimmy Drift

Jimmy Drift Well-Known Member

This.

13. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

If weight of a figure is an issue for you, then you might want to pass. It's not at all for me, and I love my PP01 (and PP01b), but that seemed to be the popular knock on this guy.. his weight. So if you're looking to play with TF's in a tornado, this is probably not the best figure for you.

If you look in the iGear Faith Leader thread that's floating around you'll see most people who reported a QC issue were taken care of by them with replacement parts. I know they shipped one guy an entire torso because his had a bad shoulder joint.

14. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just read the review yes a lot of comments about the weight. That is not a big deal to me as I would only use it for a display piece. I am concerned at the second run of this figure will be like 5 run on this mold. Hopefully the wear on the mold doesn't ruin the figure.

15. axiom

axiom What the what?!?! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Ha! I didn't even see that! Gotta love my kids. (now to figure out which one snuck it in there:sly2: )