Henkei Prime or iGear Faith Leader?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by NeoZeRo35, Sep 9, 2010.

1. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

I'd vote for faith leader since he has that G-1 iconic toy/cartoon look in both modes. anyways faith leader measures in around 7 & 3/4 inches tall from head to toe. while classics 1.0 voyager optimus prime measures in at 6 & 3/4 inches tall from head to toe. so basically there is only a one inch difference in both toys. with faith leader being one inch taller from head to toe.

i'm not really a fan of that classics 1.0 voyager optimus toy mold.

i'd actually rate both movie leader sized & HFTD voyager sized optimus prime toys. as more superior in both modes compared to classics 1.0 voyager sized optimus prime.

2. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    the voyager prime looks worse and worse after each and every photograph, at first i was excited, then now i couldn't force myself to buy it

ROTF leader prime is the perfect movie optimus prime, but it is not fun, it is a chore to transform and there is not much to do

ole classics prime has got to be one of the most playable primes ever, how do i know, from experience, no prime has gotten more play hours logged in than that toy

he is the best for what he is ment to do, he is the best g1 style prime

3. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'll put in a vote for Faith Leader, assuming price is no object. I've never had a figure hit my nostalgia button quite as hard as this one. To me he truly looks perfect with my Classics, Universe, Generations, and Masterpiece (Grimlock) Autobots.

He also is roughly the same size as City Commander. This is physically impossible if your Prime and Magnus are the same mold, but is actually cartoon-accurate!

4. poorboy8u

poorboy8u Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't get it. prime was a tall dude in g1 why's everyone think him being more than a head taller than most deluxes is so horrible?

5. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    you act like g1 had perfect scale haha, most of the time, he was barely taller than the other autobot cars

classics prime is perfect for the job

6. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    henkei, fits more with the other classics.

pp01 was designed to be in scale with the mps

7. poorboy8u

News Credits:
    Oh I don't think g1 was perfect by any stretch. but most incarnations comic wise or other he always seemed to be more than a head over other bot's.

8. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

I don't think you can go wrong with either. I'm a big Faith Leader fan (my favorite toy), but I still love my Classics Prime. Personally, I think Classics/Henkei! Prime fits a little better with the GUCH figures and Faith fits a little better with the MP's.

A page or two back someone mentioned that if you're going to use MP Grimlock in your GUCH display then Faith would look a little better... I concur.

9. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

Henkei fits better with a Classics lineup in my opinion.

Also, glad to see I'm not the only one who puts MP Grimlock in with their Classics. While he's maybe just a tiny bit too big, he still works far better with that line than the original, lackluster Classics Grimlock.

10. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    I don't like Faith Leader because I have City Commander, and I like the idea of Magnus being the same height as Prime without his armor, so he shouldn't be shorter than Prime with his armor.

If you don't have CC, I say go for FL, otherwise, use Classics/Henkei.

11. Grimlock King

Grimlock King ME KING!

Ebay:
    I've owned both in the past and recent past and sold them. Like someone said on this thread, If you have MP Grimlock or any of the Seekers, Faith Leader is the way to go! Iti's in scale with those MP transformers. The cons to the figure is that it is very light, all plastic for it's price. Otherwise great representation of MP Optimus Prime to go in scale with the official Masterpieces.

Henkei Prime is a great figure as well with decent mobility. I just don't like the kibbles and bits on his fore arms and behind his head. It's in the "Classics/Henkei" line but for the life of me I don't know why they changed his mold. It doesn't look anything near G1, like for example the Seekers do in this line. Go figure. Hope this helps and not confuse you further.

12. NeoZeRo35

NeoZeRo35 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Thanks for all the inputs everyone. After much debating, I've decided that the classics mold is not too bad in size. Faith Leader is a little big.

I've also managed to pull some screen shots to help me justify my decision. :) 

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Although, he does look almost Faith Leader size here...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

...but overall, I think I'm happy with Prime not towering over everyone too much.

13. fabexmax

fabexmax Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not fair to compare classics Prime to G1 Prime when they dont look alike. If you are going for a G1 look, get Faith Leader. His size and LOOK are G1. Henkei Prime, looks like Prime re-envisioned for the classics line. Just my 2 cents.

14. Lycanthropic Tendencies

Lycanthropic Tendencies Well-Known Member

It's got to be Faith leader for me. Even before Faith I never used Classics Prime, instead opting for RiD Prime for the sole reason that Classics Prime was just too short in my opinion.

The scale I consider "right" came, I think, from the early comics and matches the G1 show bible scale sheet very closely, so I also have MP Seekers, MP Grimlock and G1 Jetfire as my Classics, as well as Animated Leader Megatron and a KO oversized Soundwave as stand-ins until something better comes along.

15. poorboy8u

News Credits:
    this.

16. NeoZeRo35

NeoZeRo35 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Which is why I said in my first post with all those things put aside, which would you prefer? I guess I should have stated clearly that I was more interested in comparing scale for Prime. Maybe I should retitle this thread...

Interesting... I'd like to see this G1 bible scale. Where/how can I view this?

Last edited: Sep 11, 2010
  17. Lycanthropic Tendencies

Lycanthropic Tendencies Well-Known Member

It's at the bottom of the TF wiki's scale page.

Scale - Transformers Wiki

18. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

Faith leader is exactly one ince taller than clasics 1.0 voyager prime. I highly doubt one inch makes such a big difference. one inch is not even a full robot head for voyager/ultra sized figures.

19. CETERUS PRIME

CETERUS PRIME Well-Known Member

I'd go with Faith Leader, mainly because he is so G1 accurate compared to everything else out there. And as far as his size is concerned, he was always quite a bit taller than the rest of his crew in the cartoon series, plus as it was mentioned previously, an inch shouldn't make him look too big in comparison. I'm just beginning to work on my Classics collection, and Faith Leader WILL BE my representative for Optimus Prime.

20. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

as far as size goes. the faith leader is only exactly one inch taller than the henkei convoy. one inch isn't that big of a deal. it's the size of of a grown humans finger tip. or in TF toy terms,the size of a deluxe trransformers robot head.

classics 1.0 & 2.0 were created to resemble the G-1 characters/toys in the most close ways possible. faith leader looks more closer to G-1 1984 optimus prime.

[/QUOTE]
    pp01 was designed to be in scale with the mps[/QUOTE]

Yes & no.

Igear's main intent on creating Faith leader. is because fans wanted a MP convoy version that could be fit in with transformers from other TF toy lines.

faith leader isn't in scale with MP Megatron.

the only MP TF toy faith leader is in scale with is MP Grimlock. based off the scale of prime & grimlock in the G-1 Cartoon & toy line.

MP Starscream is 8.2 inches tall & is not in proper scale with faith leader who is 7 & 3/4 inches tall. in the G-1 cartoon optimus Prime was shown taller than starscream & his seekers. in the 1984 TF toy line optimus was a slightly taller toy than 1984 Starscream. at best for faith leader to be in scale with MP Starscream. faith leader needs to be at the very least a head taller or 1 & 1/4+ inches taller.

Faith leader obviously won't be in scale with takara MP Rodimus Prime. as rodimus will be 10 & 1/2+ inches tall.