Henkei or Hasbro Ratchet??

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Seeker24, Jan 28, 2009.

?

Ratchet:

Poll closed Feb 7, 2009.
  1. Henkei

29 vote(s)
    40.8%
  2. Universe

29 vote(s)
    40.8%
  3. Both

13 vote(s)
    18.3%
  1. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Three words: Papa Smurf Ironhide.

Going with the Henkei version here and I don't do that often (only own a couple Henkei actually... Prime, Megatron, Astrotrain & Wildrider). But I'm making an exception for Ratchet because I do NOT like the black on his legs and arms. Definently prefer the white arms and legs. I don't honestly like the paint on either one's head (because I wanted it G1 Marvel style, but neither did that so I might just try to paint the head on the one I get.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2009
  2. SmF

SmF Well-Known Member

If you're asking which one's better, it would be Henkei, but will I buy it? No way.

The cost of a Deluxe is $8 versus Henkei which is 3x the price, maybe even more after shipping costs. I would only buy the Henkei version for the ones that have huge differences like Astrotrain, Cyclonus, Megatron, etc. The differences between the 2 Ratchets are so minimal I would actually want to paint it myself even if I don't have much painting skills. I also have to agree with the person that the thrill factor of finding it in stores makes it so much better.

1 Henkei = 3 Universes, I think I'll stick with Universe.

3. Darkspeed

Darkspeed Avatar Freak

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Henkei, purely because they gave him a chromed gun like Ironhide, and not the lethal Lego brick thing on the Hasbro version. ^^;

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I'm getting Universe as it'll be easier to repaint the head, plus it's cheaper and I don't have to worry about painting a $25 imported figure.

5. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

wait, when is Universe Ratchet coming out?

6. Seeker24

Seeker24 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    isnt it gonna come out in march?? im not too sure.

7. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yeah, BBTS has Universe Rathcet and Hot Shot (the wave after Dinobot & Smokescreen) slated to arrive to them in March. Though, considering they usually get things earlier than the brick-and-mortar stores... I'd say it's safe to assume that they probably won't hit places like Wally World, Target & TRU until sometime in April.

On the other hand, Henkei Ratchet is listed as January/February release and Henkei Hot Shot (also getting this one in Henkei due to the freakin' guns being cut on the Universe version... that is a deal breaker for me...) is slated for a February/March release. So... get the Henkei and get them earlier (well, more so Ratchet then Hot Shot I'd say).

8. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am planing on getting both. Dammit and I hate Henkei. That's twice now I've gone against my ' No to Henkei" oath.

I plan on getting both and doing a parts swap. The Henkei forearms and upper thighs over to the Hasbro body.

9. DJCHARTERS

DJCHARTERS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    to me i love transformers, and want my collection to be the best it can be so since i have no other hobbies so i usually go henkei really. if im gonna spend the money on a figure i might as well buy the better one. i have henkei ratchet and i love him he is stunning in person. i am going to buy the hasbro ratchet one too just to do a little bit parts swapping on it.

10. Beemer

Beemer Coined "Sunbowner" TM (C) R

News Credits:
    It all depends on your financial status and the value you place on quality over cost, in my opinion. If you've already repainted some of your figs, maybe it's worth it to get the cheaper Hasbro version and repaint it, but keep in mind trying to paint black arms white is REALLY difficult, will take lots of coats of paint and sealant to keep in good condition, and may still scrape off with repeated transformations... you may never be entirely satisfied.

If, on the other hand, fifteen dollars probably won't matter much to you in two years, and you can happily look back on your purchase of a high-quality product and think about the time and frustration you saved by getting said superior product in the first place, I'd go Henkei.

11. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Total Randomness Personified

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I probably know that some to almost most of us might be the Henkei one because of its superior paint apps, but me I'm going with the cheaper, but still I could fix what Hasbro could'nt do because their semi-******ed. So I'm going with Universe because I could swap the weapons and fix the paint to make it look like G1 Ratchet and besides I need Ratchet in my collection so that's my decision and opinion.

12. Seeker24

Ebay:
    Getting both kinda sounds like a good idea.. swap weapons, and parts..

13. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Universe, better paint job, and Henkei chrome=fail. It also helps that it's cheaper, but even if they were the same price, or the opposite in price difference, I would still go with the Universe version.

14. 0R10N P4X

0R10N P4X Banned

News Credits:
    Universe? Better paint job?

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

:lolol  :lolol  :lolol  :lolol  :lolol  :lolol 

You almost had me for a minute. :p 

15. Seeker24

Ebay:
    the poll is pretty close.. i thought everyone would be going Henkei..

16. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

With easy paint apps. you can have a Better than Henkei Ratchet.

17. 0R10N P4X

0R10N P4X Banned

News Credits:
    You'll need alcohol too to rub off the ugly stripes on Universe Ratchet. Or you can buy the already superior Henkei version and paint the rims yourself if you want.

18. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

I dont have those on mine. Dont know if thats because mine is an early release or they dropped the hood paint apps? I like my all white hood with maybe an added Autobot symbol on the front center.