Customs: Henkei Onslaught - replacing lightbulbs?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by RavX, Aug 7, 2009.

1. RavX

RavX Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hi, had a quick question on whether it was possible or not to get in and replace one of the two lightbulbs on the back of Henkei Onslaughts Turrent? I just purchased him and one of the bulbs came "burned out".

Since I got him from a retailer in Japan I didnt know if it was worth the hassle of trying to get a replacement over such a small bulb but it does bother me enough where if I could replace it semi-easily I would do it.

If anyone has worked with the Universe Onslaught mold and knows if its easy to get to the bulbs via removing the turrent or otherwise I would definitely appreciate any input or advice ....

Thank you!

2. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    I haven't TRIED so I can't say for sure, but I'd wager its a hard-wire LED, not impossible to replace, but much harder than unscrewing a "lightbulb," you'd need to be doing some soldering and what not

3. reluttr

reluttr Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Its probably a loose connection, you can probably open it up and secure the wire and it work again.

4. RavX

RavX Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Thanks for the replies guys! Any advice on where to start in removing the turret off to look? I don't see a direct way of getting in there ....

5. RavX

RavX Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Just a small bump to see if anyone has advice on how to get the turret off ... I'm kind of at a loss as to where to start ... I've done some small fixes and stuff on other Ultra classes but I'm not seeing a good way to get into the turret .... thank in advance!

6. RavX

RavX Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Not sure if anyone cares but I figured out how to get the turret off :)  You basically have to take out the two screws in his crotch area and the two screws that go into the battery area (on each side, from the outside) and you should have enough give in the torso to carefully pry the two halfs apart enough so the turret pops out. That exposes all the screws on the underside of the turret and lets you split it apart after removing those to get to the connections.

Must have been a loose connection as Reluttr mentioned above cuz i fiddled with the wires (pretty much blindly) and it is at least lighting up now - a little dimmer than the other but an improvement .. Things are also definitely hard wired as Destrongerlupus stated above as well in case anyone else was wondering ... so cheers for the suggestions!