Henkei Manga featured in Japanese Comic Magazine

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Foster, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
  2. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Apparently, this magazine mainly features kids comics unlike TV Magazine or Televi-kun (TV Boy?), but still come with little extra goodies. So there might be an exclusive minicon or two on the way, you'll never know....

3. Takao

Takao Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I see Henkei is what Tomy Takara is focussing on now in terms of Transformers. But couldn't they have gotten a more well know children's anthology like CoroCoro (which the new Beyblade series is in), or KeroKero Ace?

4. Victory Leo

Victory Leo Well-Known Member

It is interesting

I just picked up Bun Bun issue 9 for 2008. With 10 they will start publishing the Transformers Henkei. In fact if you go on their website:

ŒŽŠ§ƒvƒŒƒRƒ~ƒbƒN ƒuƒ“ƒuƒ“ ŒöŽ®ƒz￾[ƒ€ƒy￾[ƒW (not that surprising of a URL ... though why it shows up as gooblygook here is beyond me... it should just say www.bun-bun.jp.)

If you go down to the third arrow on there that mentions in Japanese about the next issue (I do understand most of you don't read Japanese so here's the link: ƒvƒŒƒRƒ~ƒbƒN ŒŽŠ§ƒuƒ“ƒuƒ“ ŒöŽ®ƒz￾[ƒ€ƒy￾[ƒW) you'll see a better pictue of the flyer already linked.

The issue comes out on October 15th in Japan, though likely Japanese book stores in the US will have it close to that, like say Kinokuniya ... which is where I ordered my subscription today. ^_^ (New Japanese Transformers Manga? I am giddy.)

The September issue doesn't have much to offer in terms of what is upcoming, thoug there is a fold out poster promoing the next issue with Megatron and Convoy ... though looking a bit ... different.

And as mentioned before the chances of a special goody in one of the issues coming up related to TF is possible ... not sure of likely. But we'll see.

(Also for those who have previous experiences with collecting or reading Japanese magazines with Transformers, Bun Bun is about comic book sizes but far thicker in page count. It is not a thick book (or manga) sized like Comic Bon Bon which used to publish Transformers G1 manga back in the 80's, Beast Wars and G2 in the 90's, and odd one offs from the Unicron era... It is also not as big as TV Magajin (which is magazined sized ... hence the pun in the title Maga - jin or Magazine person ... though if that is the pun I've never had confirmation) ... and as far as I can tell is not related to either of those magazines ... which is a new thing for Japanese TF publishing since Comic Bon Bon and TV Magajin are sister magazines...)

Victory Leo