Minor/Repaint: Henkei Jetfire

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Sabrina_Ng, Feb 15, 2009.

1. Sabrina_Ng

Sabrina_Ng La Femme Fatale

Ebay:
    Hey guys,

Introducing Henkei Jetfire. He's a fusion of Macross/Gundam/and Transformers painting style. Shades, Metallics and Panel marked.

His fists were modded with a pair of 1/100 gundam fists. He was also given 2 additional weapons. A hand Grenade Launcher as well as a Beam Rifle.

And I must say that no matter what I do, white is such a PAIN IN THE A%# to paint as any errors must be covered by black and white once more. :( 

Well...ENjoy! :) 

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Crefigz

Crefigz Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Its awesome ! I'm sure this will fetch more on eBay.

Anymore close up pics ?

3. Sabrina_Ng

Ebay:
    Hmm..CLose ups? You could go to my flickr and zoom in as the pictures are taken in a 5 megapixel resolution.

4. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    I really like this, however think you are capable of doing better. The small pics he looks great, maybe a *little* too much air brush action taking away from the overall white. I looked at the large picks on your flickr, and honestly, think you are capable of doing a better job taping up the lines, making them more crisp. seems your tape leaked or wasn't abrasive enough. The chrome exhausts and red jet packs look really sharp and sparkly, and the hands are a great touch. It's almost imperative to add on little things like that to really make a custom work. Don't get me wrong, "repaints" are great, but going outside the box, by adding the hands, or LEDs or *something* is what is really going to stop a show.

5. Sabrina_Ng

Ebay:

Eheheh :rolleyes: 
    There WAS some leaks *or specks* of red that were not supposed to be where it wasn't supposed to be. I unstickified the tape till it was probably too weak to hold on to the paint. I'll probably take a closer look again in a day or 2 to touch them up. :) 

6. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    yeah, even with some plain white and a steady small paintbrush. a leak on a pinstripe or line draws the viewer's eye to it instantly, and it can be avoided. You should try Tamiya's tapes, they are hands down the best.

7. Sabrina_Ng

Ebay:

Oh, I am using Tamiya tapes. Just that I usually unstickify them (as an added safety precaution) as sometimes the tapes tend to pull my paint off. It's annoying when that happens!!! Urghhh!

8. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    Ouch. I hate when that happens. Once your paint is dry, it shouldn't peel off, right? reducing the tack on the tape isn't a good idea for striping. When you are putting it on your pant leg or whatever, you're sticking dust/particles to it, that disrupt the edge's adhesion.

9. Sabrina_Ng

Ebay:
    Errr..unfortunately, mine does. Even after curing it (say a week) it happened once. The first time I painted my G1 Prime, my tamiya tape pulled a big strip of red paint all the way from the surface next to the head. And that was after I left the part to air for a week before I taped it to paint the head. Happened twice to my G1 Ironhide as well. Hehee..After those incidents, I would get my bf and stick the tape to his legs!!! Hahahahahahahah!!!!!! It works. The 'particles' from his legs prevented the tape from pulling paint. Oh well, if he's not around, I would just use the floor to pick up dirt before taping. :rolleyes: 

10. Sabrina_Ng

Ebay:
    But your right. The paint tends to seep in a bit more and I usually have more touch ups to do :( 

11. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    Well, 2 things then. I would recommend directly applying the tape to the area being striped, and remove the tape ASAP. Don't wait for the stripe to dry. That tape needs to get off the paint in less than 5 minutes. Secondly, if you want to reduce the tack, use a cleaner surface, like a peice of paper..not the floor!!!

12. Sabrina_Ng

Ebay:
    OOH! 5 minutes??! No wonder. I tend to leave it for 30-40 minutes. Hahaha! Hmmm..Yay! Learnt something today!

13. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    DAMN! You just keep getting better and better! My puny brush is no match for your might air brushing. :) 

14. Sabrina_Ng

Ebay:
    Ahah. Actually, there are still many things that I am not aware off. Just learnt that I shouldn't stick my tamiya tape on a guy's hairy legs or the dirty floor! hehehe.

15. evil ivotron

evil ivotron destroy'em all

looks hot...

16. dsn1014

dsn1014 41:75:74:6f:62:6f:74

Jetfire looks amazing

17. kalron

kalron Technician/Sculptor

Extremely detailed!!! Nice work.

18. Rijie78

Rijie78 Vinyl junkie.

News Credits:
    Looks great, improves on the original - excellent paintjob and decent hands, yay! If only this mould had had those to start with, and balljointed ankles.

19. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

Even though your paint job was constructively critcized, but you did a sweet ass job painting him and he looks awesome. But thats my humble opinion.

20. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    this looks really nice sabsabby! :)  You could've attached larger pictures, though :p