Henkei Jetfire Pictures

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Trailbreaker77, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

What is with Takara and their random chroming? Anyhoo, meh. Not interested. I think he's lost some of the visual appeal of the original.

3. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    I prefer the Hasbro version, don't like the chrome thrusters, and the cockpit's way too tiny.

Now if someone could explain to me why I sold my Classics Jetfire, anyone, anyone at all?!?

Slightly off topic: The first Henkeis, in general, were better than the Classics versions, but the recent ones have some odd colour/chrome/detail choices. The optimum collection will have quite a disparate mix.

4. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's not really better or worse then Hasbro's, just different. Unless your a completist or just want Henkei, I don't think it warrants a purchase.

5. chuckcjc

chuckcjc Wheeljack Engineer Corp.

News Credits:
    Very nice. I like the blue he has around the collar. Sweet thrusters.

I grew up on G1 chrome. And I love it.

On the fence about him because I don't like how the arms are kinda just "there" in his jet mode. Big pet peeve of mine.

Attached Files:

6. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I can kinda dig just how close they're trying to get to the original cartoon version, but the nose does look a bit lackluster now.

7. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I actually prefer the nose like that; the smaller cockpit window seems to suit it IMO. The head looks really nice too. However, there's not really enough differences to warrant me buying him again.

8. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I really like the way the head is painted, along with the white details on the fastpack, and I don't really mind the chrome boosters.

but the loss of paint apps on the nose make it look really bland, and the smaller cockpit window looks absolutely terrible, even if it is accurate to the cartoon. it looks "decent" in robot mode, but like shit in jet mode.

also, the piece that flips down in front of his face is really distracting in blue.

9. Chaos Sorcerer

Chaos Sorcerer Well-Known Member

I think he looks better in bot mode and worse in jet mode... since I passed on him in the US due to not really being a Jetfire fan (now i've changed on the mold itself since i have Dreadwing and I love that blue Treadbolt)...and it seems he's more expensive than the Henkei one at this point, i'll pick this one up

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    This is probably the only Henkei I really dislike. The otehrs are just "Meh" to me, but this one just looks bad.

Points for making it realy close to teh show. Nobody can say Takara didn't give it their all in that department.

11. Skywave

Skywave Transformers Noob

I find it quite nice actually. Only the painted blue piece that looks out of place, but I don't mind the whiteness or small cockpit, looks good to me :)  But since I own the Hasbro one, I don't have any desire to get this one.

12. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Out of all the Henkei line, this one doesn't look all that bad to me. It still suffers badly from the completely random and pointless use of chrome. The only reason I would ever buy this would be to kitbash it to look more like Skyfire. Basically get rid of the helmet and arm guns, so some heavy mods to the back-pack, and then add some more paint details to him.

13. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    While i don't mind that Takara went cartoon specific and has some nice elements in the deco, ultimately this does not look as good as the Hasbro version. The Hasbro version had a nice pattern on the top of the wings, that was maintained no matter which direction the wings were swept. Not to mention it was a nice modern take on Skyfire's deco. To me, Hasfire looks exciting, while Taktomfire looks bland in comparison.

Nice attempt but it looks halfway there. I'm happy for those of you who wanted the cartoon colors though.

14. BigRC83

BigRC83 I'm singing in the rain

News Credits:
    This is a good example of a cartoon accurate color scheme does not automatically make the toy more appealing.

15. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

It's weird, somewhere along the way I did a complete 180 on this figure. I bet I could even go back to old threads about it and find my own disparaging posts about it. But now I really, really like it.

I think the change came when I saw the upcoming Skyfire bust, and realized that in robot mode the Henkei Skyfire really DOES look much more G1-cartoon-influenced (versus the U.S. version, which is more G1-toy-influenced). It's the small black chest vents and bulky, almost puffy white chest that do it, as well as the blue accents.

I still prefer the U.S. version's deco in plane mode, but in robot mode this one really does look quite nice. As for the chrome... well, I've never minded the chrome on the Henkeis, in fact I kinda dig it. And this is less obtrusive than some others (say, Rodimus, who miraculously found a way to look even more garish).

So I'll be getting this. Heck, it's even named differently.... I think there is room in my collection for both a Jetfire and a Skyfire. :) 

16. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Yay, double-post-o-rama! One post for each Jetfire....

17. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Unimpressive.

18. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    I like it. It's the only Henkei figure I'm interested in getting so far.

19. Kingplay

Kingplay Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    interestin!

20. MACRAPTRON

MACRAPTRON Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow. I thought the Hasbro version sucked balls and passed on it. But this is awesome.