Henkei Inferno

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Rotorstorm, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    didn't see a thread for this guy on here so I thought I'd start one

The chrome looks good on the cannon and on the side panels.

The comic is about Inferno and Ratchet saving a girl's life from a towering Inferno (lol, pun).and Starscream attacks.

The red is not too light and is the same kind of red as on RID Optimus Prime/ Fire Convoy so if anyone is worried that he's going to be too light a red then don't.

He's an awesome figure, i'll post some pics later

2. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    Looking forward to pics. I'm no color expert but I feel that Super Fire Convoy has a better red than RID Prime's.

3. ShadowStitch

ShadowStitch vectoring the hate plague

Great, just great.

I got my Henkei Inferno today -- a figure I've been looking forward to for months and months. I get it out of the box and not two transformations later one of his chromed forearm panels snaps right off at the hinge. And upon examination, the other one has serious stress marks and will probably break off too.

Yes, I have Universe Inferno, and I've had him twice over, so I'm sure I know how to transform him. No, neither of the Infernos I had before exhibited this problem. This problem was exclusive to my Henkei Inferno. I guess the Japanese releases are just as shit for QC as the NA ones.

I don't know if they just placed the pins slightly off or what, but the fact remains that he broke not ten minutes after I got him. I now have a 45$ piece of junk. Thanks, Takara.

4. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

"American components, Russian components. ALL MADE IN TAIWAN!"

5. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    My classics Inferno says it's made in China... :confused2 

6. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    "That's why I told you "touch nothing". But you're bunch of cowboys! "

or

"This is how we fix problem in the Russian space station!"(smacks inferno)

7. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Umm... where are the pictures??????

8. Faxon

Faxon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Could the chrome have caused the joint to snap?

9. ShadowStitch

I'm not sure but I doubt it. It actually broke on the Arm side of the hinge, not the chromed side, so I can't really blame the chrome app itself, unless of course there's some pressure from the additional width of the thing that isn't readily apparent.

It was probably an instance of poor factory pin placement (as even a fraction of a mm is enough to put too much pressure on a fragile hinge joint) or possibly something with the red plastic that isn't present on the darker classics version...

That said, it was probably just a problem with my one figure -- it would be my luck. I hope no one else's breaks as easily...as it's an import for us in the US, it's not like I can just return it to the store, ya know?

I've sort of fixed it, using some wire to rebuild the hinge loops...and while it'll never be as nice as it was, at least the parts will stay together now. The plastic parts that cracked off wouldn't stay up against the torsion of the joint turning, even against epoxy and plastic welder.

10. Gligamesh51

Gligamesh51 @ThatGuyNeedaHam

News Credits:
    I'm sorry to hear about your Inferno Shadow, but for the time before it broke was it worth it? I mean in comparison to the Classics deco?

I'm trying to figure it out myself if its worth the cash for the paint changes, I already know I'm getting Henkei Hound, but Inferno was going to be on that list too.

11. ShadowStitch

Well, actually, to answer your question, it really wasn't all that impressive to begin with.

I do prefer the bright red it's molded in as opposed to the deep crimson, but that's the only real major difference between the two. The paint apps on the head aren't really that great, and you could emulate them yourself if you wanted -- it's just some watery yellow slapped in the earholes. The tampos are the same, the brown parts are the same, the black parts are the same, so if those bothered you, tough luck. The top mounted lights are a frosted red color, but they're no more believable as lights than on the Universe version. Every positive and negative about the Universe version applies to the Henkei, with a few more Cons thrown in.

See, the chromed bits are actually pretty stupid, because on the panels they chromed...they chromed the whole thing and then painted the back sides a not-even-close match to the plastic under the chrome...which seems like wasted effort, and is a point in Universe Inferno's favor, since the plastic on him is all solid red without a needless, ugly paint app ON TOP of chrome you can't even SEE. The chromed squirter is nice, but it's not a major selling point. They could have chromed the gun and the bumper, and it would have been spectacular, but they chose to make a truly boneheaded decision on the panels.

You're right, Hound and Sunstreaker are two instances where the henkei version is just worlds better in every regard, but Inferno doesn't really blow away the USA version. So if I had it all to do over again? The brighter red and chromed bits aren't worth paying twice as much for it. Plus you have the luxury of returning it to the store if it breaks. :redface2: 

12. ShadowStitch

Here's a comparison pic...not a really GOOD comparison pic, but at least you can see the difference in red somewhat.

[​IMG]

Also, he's missing his arm because it's still on my workbench being repaired... :redface2: 

13. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Does his gun/hose thing come off? I'm wondering if you can use it as a hand held gun?

My Henkei Inferno should be here tomorrow so hopefully it's ok QC wise.

14. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    You CAN take the gun off, but it can't be held as a handgun

15. ShadowStitch

It's not intended to come off, if that's what you're asking. It's pretty much stuck on there unless you pull it off or unscrew it. The squirter itself is mounted on a pivot hinge on the platform, so the cannon can angle up and down. That part is attached to a pin-mushroom peg on the arm so it can rotate the whole assembly around in firetruck mode.

16. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    It is only possible with alot of modding and reforming plastic.

It is easy to remove from the arm(it snaps on and off) but the gun itself has a large loop instead a peg.

Henkei Inferno will get a similar mod when he gets here.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 17, 2009
  17. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I was afraid of breakage given Henkei's odd chroming choice (yet again). That sucks, ShadowStitch. :( 

Am I the only one who likes TFU Inferno's darker red better, anyway?

18. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    Nope. I like Hasbro's version too.

19. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

I got Universe Inferno mostly out of impatience. (I guess it needs a little backstory-

I'd gotten Henkei Cyclonus maybe 2 weeks after finding Uni. Cyclonus at Target. And had Henkei Ratchet in my hands before reports of that Universe wave even hitting stores in this area.

I've had Universe Inferno since like... early last month or something.)

Had the Henkei been released sooner, I might've waited. Not that I'm disappointed with the choice I made, but I do like the Fire Engine Red over Blood And Doom Crimson. And I've never had an issue with the chrome, no matter where it's placed.

Though I don't think I'd be so quick to throw a Tamo-Ladder mod on a Henkei.

Who knows, maybe I'll pick it up later and Grapple up the Universe.

20. starsaber888

starsaber888 Well-Known Member

got my henkei inferno yesterday.. great figure apart from one little issue, one of the sirens don't sit flat. it looks like something (may be a screw) is pushing it up...