Henkei! Henkei! Hot Rodimus or United Rodimus Prime?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Bulkhead Prime, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Bulkhead Prime

Bulkhead Prime Boisterous Bruiser

I'm really liking "More Than Meets The Eye" and I've become interested into collecting members of the Lost Light crew. I already have United Drift but I'm doubting between the Henkei Henkei! and United releases of Rodimus. Which one do you think has the best paint job or closer to how Rodimus is pictured in "More Than Meets The Eye"?

Also, which is your opinion of the Japanese release of Animated Rodimus?

2. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy of the Allspark

News Credits:
    The Henkei one looks more like what you want, but the United one has a better paint job in my opinion (but is more Rodimus Prime based).

The Classics one probably looks even more like he does in MTMTE though due to the yellow on his forehead. Though the Henkei has orange on his like Animated Rodimus.

Randy

3. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

United has a couple minor remolds so he can mount PCC Minicons. Which is pretty neat.

4. DJCHARTERS

DJCHARTERS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    in an ideal world im gonna get both and do a bit parts swapping.

5. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    I've thought hard about doing this with figures, but that usually means spending twice as much, and then being left with a mess of reject shit. Guess it'd be cool if you had plans to do a repaint anyway (in which case you'd have a complete mold), but yeah...

6. snoopcow

snoopcow Yaranaika?

united's paint and QC is better than the reissue henkei, you could always paint the spoilers with gold chrome yourself haha

7. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't have the new United one in hand yet so I'll just answer this part- it's fantastic. He's nearly purple and shines beautifully. He's also on sale (I think he's like $14 at BBTS) so you really have no excuse not to buy one.

8. Max-prime

Max-prime Supreme-Commander

News Credits:
    Edit: nevermind I need to read more closely lol

9. PoweredConvoy

News Credits:
    The red/maroon between the two (as well as the orange) are not the same color.

Also regarding Japanese Animated Rodimus the figure is much better than the Hasbro one. I love the metallic magenta he is. Very, very pretty.

Randy

10. unclemarsellus

unclemarsellus Imaginaut

Huge fan of the United version. The QC and paint was fantastic and it looks great. Other versions of the mold don't look right anymore.

11. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have and love the Henkei so it'll always be Classics Hot Rod in my collection, barring a new superior mold being made. The gold chrome spoiler's never bothered me and the flame deco on it is my favorite of the various Hot Rods that have been released.

That said, the United looks soooooo pretty in 'bot mode that I imagine I'll pick it up eventually.

As for the Animated, the Takara version would've appealed to me more if the paint deco hadn't been the shiny metallic paint that was used (and I'm not against the shiny metallic decos in general, I have Voyager Optimus and it looks great and the Bumblebee keeps tempting me), I just didn't feel it worked and would've preferred a matte version in that color, but that's just me. Still an awesome mold though.

12. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    I think the United one looks nice in robot mode, but overall I'm glad I did not cancel my preordered Henkei Rodimus and did not order the United Rodimus, because when I saw comparison pics I knew that overall I prefer my Henkei Rodimus. At first I was unsure, because I really like how the new one has so many nods to G1 Rodimus.

Maybe we're lucky and we get a taller and better mold of Rodimus in the near future and he might get a mixture of the paintjob of Henkei and United Rodimus. That'd be perfect :) 

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also I don't like the white in his face, hands and shoulders. The Henkei one looks better there.

13. PoweredConvoy

News Credits:
    I like that group shot, I wonder who took that one? ;) 

Randy

14. igniz1984

igniz1984 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    henkei works betters as hot rod, while the united repaint is meant to represent rodimus convoy. Which IMHO, looks really good, and much better than the henkei redeco in bot mode.