henkei crystal rodimus mold defects?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GENOZAUR, Dec 16, 2011.

1. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

question

does crystal henkie rodimus suffer from a form of gold plastic syndrome?

the reason i ask that question is because today when i recieved my sons of cybertron crystal rodimus 2 pack set with fansproject crystal protector trailer armor from ups this morning

crystal rodimus's left leg was suspiciously loose at the left hip joint right out of the box

i attempted to be very careful and gentle as i transformed him to car mode and his entire left leg snapped off at the orange part of the left hip joint

the part that broke was the orange part of crystal rodimus's left hip

are there any other mold defects i should be aware of with this figure?

is the guy just fragile through the hips or did mine come from a bad batch of translucent gold orange plastic?

how should i go about repairing him?

could i just salvage the orange hip part of the of the left upper leg from a reguler classics rodimus junker figure and use that to replace the broken part with?

2. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I suspect mines got a crack in his ball jointed shoulder but it's hard to tell regardless the arm often falls off.

I don't think he suffers from a bad batch of plastic it's just lack of care with the fragile nature of the plastic when he was put together - there's a lot more defects make it to retail these days especially since the movie era or just before.

I often hear of people saying I got two left arms etc.. and I long since lost count of the number of faulty toys I've had in recent years It's been 3 errors just in the last Quarter alone though (Bumblebee with 2 left arms / Broken ratchet / Blurr who head was faulty and others earlier than that) I often consider it a nice surprise when I but one that isn't faulty it's a nice novelty really.

[and that is not even me joking I'm completely serious.]

3. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

so what can i do to hav mine repaired

with it being a 2 figure packed set i somehow doubt bigbadtoystore would be willing to replace it for free.

could i just replace the broken part in my crystal rodimus with that same part from a classics U.S rodimus?

4. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    GPS has to do with the breakdown of loose chemical bonds found in some swirly-looking metallic plastics; none of which (I believe) exist in Henkei Crystal Rodimus. But, he is a toy made mostly of clear plastics which tend to be more fragile than opaque and its a mold that's seen more than its fair share of use.

RedAlert Rescue probably called it right, in that yours, unfortunately, might've been handled a little more roughly in his creation than some others. A pin not inserting as smoothly, a screw being overly tightened, something like that.

5. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Clear resin glue can work sometimes but if it's a really bad break it might need pining.