Henkei Coneheads

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Rattrap Primal, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord

Ok, any chance of Takara doing Thrust and Dirge? They can concievably do it if they use the cartoon/ movie colors and not the US toy colors. So, is this a pipedream?

2. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Dunno. A lot of supposed experts were confidently saying Takara would never do Thundercracker right up until he was announced. So, yeah, there's a chance. Might depend on sales of Skywarp and Thundercracker.

3. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    I thought in the terms of Thrust, that his mold was untouchable by anyone else.

Now, does that also mean that Takara wouldn't be allowed to sculpt their own wings, even if they were different enough from the BC one's? :peoples: 

4. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

I can't see how Takara could be stopped from sculpting their own. They've got the rights for the original Thrust that the Botcon one was based on, so...

5. Caine

Caine Rise up to the glory!!

News Credits:
    I keep my fingers crossed for the future possibility.

Skywarp & Thundercracker kinda turned me down with their price, though. :( 

6. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I don't think anything would stop Taktomy from releasing them, but whether or not thay'd WANT to is something else entirely. From what I've read the Coneheads aren't all that popular in Japan.

7. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

I really hope that they do for those that didn't get the Botcon set. Originally a lot of people said it would never happen for Thundercracker because of the Botcon set but it did so who knows? I would like to see it but we shall have to see.

8. mat`amit

mat`amit Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    hope they'd do the coneheads and not make it exclusive like tcraker & skywarp. it should make life easier

9. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ^this

10. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

I thought I read somewhere that the Thrust and Dirge Molds were destroid after Botcon.

11. Johnator

Really? I have never heard that. I would think they would keep them but Takara probably wouldn't be able to get a hold of them anyway. Now if they made their own.....

12. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

I read somewhere a while back that all botcon molds were destroid hence there being exclusive.

13. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    I remember reading that here also, I think in the Henkei TC thread. I know FP wouldn't let TakTom use them even if they did still exist.

TakTom could of course make their own, but as has been said, Thrust, Dirge, and Ramjet (I dislike the term coneheads) aren't as popular as the original three Seekers in Japan. Although, as there's a Henkei Ramjet there is still a small chance, I say small chance as the other two would involve re-engineering the mold, Ramjet was a pre-existing mold.

I'd love Henkei Thrust and Dirge to complete my Seekers, but will be content when TC arrives, roll on September!

Saying that I'm considering waiting till MP TC arrives till I open Henkei, as I'm planning a TC day, got e-hobby/show TC to open as well, temptation has been difficult to ignore :D 

14. Johnator

Congrats and good info! I could at least see them doing a Dirge Henkei since it is a simple repaint. Thrust on the other hand might not ever show up again which is a shame if true.

15. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    Personally I would love to own them, but I don't think it would be worth having to listen to all the bitching, moaning & crying about ruined exclusivity. I think it's best that I don't say anything else about this subject.

16. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    Fantastic point, that would be a thread to avoid like the plague, I shudder at the memory of the Henkei TC thread :lol 

17. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    As said, there's nothing really to stop Takara from making their own versions different in some way from the BC07 Thrust and Dirge. Whether they feel it's worth it to make remolded wing parts is another matter though, as the molds for Botcon Thrust's wings are the property of FP, if not gone (based on what I've heard, the exclusive mold elements are either destroyed after the production run, or made out of cheaper metal which doesn't hold up to more than limited runs, or both.) I would expect something similar to Henkei Skywarp and Thundercracker, with Thrust and Dirge being some sort of exclusive, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if they were both repaints of the Ramjet mold, with no extra remolding. Takara likes to save money from time to time too.

18. Chaos Sorcerer

Chaos Sorcerer Well-Known Member

Henkei Ramjet the reissue of Classics Bumblebee for that 3-pack and Universe Treadbolt/Henkei Skyfire prove this to be incorrect. Thrust's wings and Dreadwing's unique headsculpt being gone being destroyed as those were FP's designs, possibly. The molds themselves are still TakTom/Hasbro property and they definately still exist.

I don't know about the popularity of the Coneheads themselves in Japan, but given that in my eyes it seems almost like TakTom's actively spiting FunPub at this point.. first Thundercracker, now Shattered Rodimus (since when did Wild Rider have flames? C'mon), I wouldn't be *too* shocked to see the two of them show up. I dunno if they'd bother making a new mold for Thrust if he's not worth the investment (or if the FP molds still exist, and if they can use them, I dont know either), but Dirge as a straight repaint, and Thrust being the same (a red and black Ramjet, no retooling) I definately see as feasible, and probably the most likely case if they get made at all.

Or maybe they'll retool Dirge to be more G1 accurate and just make Thrust a repaint of Ramjet, in which case i'd have to laugh. :lol 

19. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    Ramjet, Bee, and Jetfire were all mass releases, hence the main part of their molds still exist.

The re-molded/sculpted parts, are those that (possibly) don't, these are what are being referred to.

20. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Hasbro and Takara have both said they "respect each others exclusives" time and again.

Thundercracker and Skywarp both were exclusives in Classics (con and store), both are exclusives in Henkei (online stores). Same with a black evil Rodimus. Guess this is what that means. It also leaves the door opened for Thrust and Dirge (Dreadwind too) in Henkei just so long as they are exclusive toys to something.