henkei bug??

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Megatron31, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    i bought mostly classics save a few figures (starscream megatron astrotrain and jetfire because i couldnt find a classics and it was a good price) then in the search for a junker prowl that i couldnt find i found a henkei one (devastator project) then i came a across a great deal on a henkei ironhide on ebay which arrived today.

and just recently mad e a deal with a member here for skywarp sideswipe sunstreaker and silverstreak.

i think i have a problem

anyone else run into this?

i also started collecting classics late and before i started this site so most of mine came from lot buys on ebay so i probably overpaid for a few, oh well

2. wipedout

wipedout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I did until I decided to get rid of all the repaints and just keep one of each mold. They are addicting. Ship them off today BTW.

3. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    i got into collecting back in 2005, with classics being the first line i truely started collecting in 2006, needless to day i am only missing jetfire of the first mainline (out of exclusives) and maybe two universe, i have had no urge to buy henkei figures really, minus ratchet (but thanks to my brother he found the hasbro one) and for a while red alert (not anymore, thank you hasbro!)

i would like astrotrain and megatron, but i am happy with the hasbro ones

4. Megatron31

Ebay:
    THANK YOU very much by the way

granted some of the classics i prefer mirage and bb (i have the evolutinon of a hero one and i reallly like the black and yellow on him) and im torn on ratchet

5. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

I personally like the cheaper American versions, myself. I'm not a fan of chrome and a different paint job is not incentive enough for me to pay big bucks for a $10 toy. The fact a few of the Henkei-only retools/redecos are making their way stateside such as Thrust and Red Alert only give me reason to go to my Target instead of an import store. However, I will be VERY interested to see what Henkei/United Drift looks like!:lol 

The black and yellow Classics BB was in the "Legacy of Bumblebee" 3-pack, actually.

6. Megatron31

Ebay:
    you are correct, thanks for that

7. mugen_prime

mugen_prime Well-Known Member

That's sort of how I started on Henkei. I didn't like them at first, but I LOVED the Henkei Astrotrain, so I got that. Then I got Megatron for the proper colors over the nerf gun. Now I've replaced almost all my classics (except the ones that have no Henkei versions). I eneded up LOVING the henkei line. Now I think Henkei looks much better than the Hasbro versions.

8. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey, i'd appreciate some feedback on ironhide also:thumbs2:  Glad you got him ok.

9. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think Megatron is the only figure in the line whose Henkei version is strikingly better than his Classics version. The Henkeis are nice if you can afford them, but not at all essential. The Classics versions are more than adequate. But Classics Megatron just pales in comparison to the Henkei version.

10. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Well that's a bit of a misnomer as with the added cost of chrome and extra paint, the going price for Henkei figures in Japan is roughly $20 to $25 USD.
    Oh yeah, you mentioned him and Ratchet in another thread. I'll shoot some pictures for you after work tomorrow, though I don't have the US versions for comparison shots (well, not whole anyway).

11. Megatron31

Ebay:
    done i thought that user name looked familiar hahaha

and kusanagi i have the universe version of ratchet and i think someone on here posted up a classics versus henkei pic thread but doesnt have everyone but i do think that ratchet was in there

12. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Bought and keeping both lines.

13. jacranky

jacranky Well-Known Member

I started with Classics just because Bumblebee first caught my eye and I didn't think the added price of Henkei versions were worth it, until I saw Megatron, then its been Henkei almost all the way.

14. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
    I recently won on ebay 2 Henkei figures Dirge and Thrust and 1 Classics Ramjet and I got to say Henkei is the cherry on top concerning classics lines figures than what Hasbro puts out for us "Domestic" folks. I notice all of these "import" figures such as Henkei, Tomy, etc.. are much more beautiful figures than what we get here in the US. The prices are beautiful too (being sarcastic). We'll see when I get my Henkei figures in my hand so that I can compare them to my classics I currently own. I'll probably want to replace my classics for henkei's when I do see get them, but cashing out henkei's is a bit pricey for me. I got lucky on the 3 figures I got from ebay. Oh and if you're wondering what I paid for the 3 figures.... Henkei Dirge, Henkei Thrust, & Classics Ramjet = $100 w/shipping... Can't beat that!

15. anotheran

anotheran Old skooler

I get the henkei line when i feel like i'm getting ripped off buying second hand classics. Started with Convoy now i'm getting Megs, Bumblebee, Lambor, and Starscream

16. jacranky

jacranky Well-Known Member

Nice! That's definitely less than what I paid upon release of all three of those.