Henkei Astrotrain

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Gears, May 9, 2008.

1. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

Made the call today and bought the henkei version. DONE.

2. Fast_Draw

Fast_Draw Pretender

News Credits:
    I got the Henkei a couple months ago and my only complaint is that the booster had a couple flakes of the chrome come off. I think he looks much better than the Hasbro version.

3. NICKBOT

NICKBOT Don’t be a jerk...

News Credits:
    You will be very happy with him, one of the best Henkei figures.

4. ZedzDead

ZedzDead decepticon sabatour

Ebay:
    what does this mean? this was in response to "Japan gets better TFs than we do over in the US". that statement makes absolutely no sense.

5. shogun221

shogun221 timewaster extraordinaire

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If one more person buys Henkei Astrotrain, then this thread was worth reviving. This is one of the finest Henkei/Classics figures ever produced.

I only own the Henkei version, so I can't comment on how it stacks up against its domestic counterpart. I'd be interested to know if the build quality/QC are the same. I will say that arguing over which Classics/Henkei figure is better based upon color has to be one of the most useless exercises ever.

6. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    Oh, I thought this was a Voyager mold, but then I saw Peaughs review where he said something about him standing up to deluxe size and searched this board for a pictorial review. I feared he would be too large for my deluxe only collection, but he's perfect!

I think I need to hunt him down one day, but wow... is he expensive now.

7. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got mine at some Chinese mall for $30 in 2008. It was worth it. I love the colors so much more than the regular Classics version.

8. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Red and black red and black

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Woooooo boy. I almost passed on this guy today. I've been buying a ton of Classics stuff I missed from a local, and when I saw he had a Henkei Astrotrain I almost didn't bite. Well I did. I've heard from a lot of people how awesome this figure is, and man, I'm very glad I got it. The kibble that hangs around in either mode honestly doesn't bother me, because what he does with his modes still looks damn good. I got Tankor/Octane along with it, but Astrotrain is definitely the winner between the two.

What I love about it most is that the chrome is in a place that's okay. The thing I **HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE** about Henkei is all the stupid, dumbassed random placement of the chrome. I refuse to buy many Henkei figures because of where it is. But Astrotrain? It's in a nice place that actually compliments the look! The rear thrusters look great and so does the chrome on the chest shield. He's just such an amazing figure.

For the record, I grabbed him for 60 loose. Included instructions and the little comic book too.