Helpppppppp me (TETRIS)

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by peeman, Jan 16, 2006.

1. peeman

peeman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Am trying to revise for school exams this week and next and wen pulling out my books to revise out popped tetris and its eating my soul

i set aside 7 hours for revision today and spent 8 on tetris instead. I swear its electricuting me everytime i try to turn it off lol

any ideas people i might have to smash it lol or bury it , or lock it in a safe how many hours did you all waste on tetris?

thanks

2. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Most of 1989 IIRC.

3. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

A lot. That's all I'll say. It still does.. It's an addiction.

I remember doing the exact same thing you're doing. Going to study, but then playing Tetris (or reading comics). Yeah.. I never studied..

4. Shipley

Shipley none

News Credits:
    Tetris never dies. the best thing you can do is try to start playing something else and get hooked on that and ease yourself off.

5. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tetris owns your soul now. Any piece of computer equipment that can hold Tetris at my house, does.

6. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James <b>The JUICE</b> TFW2005 Supporter

Tetris is the Devil. I remember when I was in college the guys on my floor decided to have a Tetris challenge - Try to get a line on level 19 (NES edition). I was not included in it because I was too good and could do it almost all the time. I was the only one who could do it. I just played it again and I suck I can not get a line at level 19. Damn back to practice.

7. Doctor Doom

Doctor Doom Doom is best pony Veteran

I usually play for about 30 minutes each day on it (either with my cellphone or my Gameboy copy).

8. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

I've never found Tetris appealing, and have rarely played it for longer than five or ten minutes.

Now Minesweeper ... once I learned the rules to that, it was all downhill.

9. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Minesweeper can be very evil. Especially when down to the last 15 or so blocks. I think I have it and boom, hit a mine.

10. Hook

Hook Out of Options Veteran

Facebook:
    That sounds about right. I've got Tetris on the XBox, on emulators on the PC, on my GameBoy Advance SP, on my Sony CliƩ PDA and on my cell phone.

It's a timeless classic that follows me everywhere I go. While the gf shops and I stay in the car, in public washrooms, at work. Tetris owns me.

11. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

Im scared of tetris online for DS....just how much will power will take me away of such madness-Its already on my Ds its on my cpu , cellphone and pda.

12. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Yep. I don't know that I bought another Game Boy game for 6 months or so.

I currently have it on my cellphone, but the points system isn't the same..as are a lot of the freeware PC versions I've wasted time with over the years.
    I used to be able to rack up several hundred thousand points and watch ever-increasing Tetris-penis rockets take off..stupid cell phone version, I can get nothing but Tetriseseses for 20 minutes and not break 100,000. :sly: 

13. Streck

Streck <B><FONT COLOR="#FF0000">QED</B></FONT> Veteran

There were a million PC clones of Tetris back in the DOS heyday. I remember nothing about mine except that it was fun and had a shitty color scheme. I played my share, then forgot about the game until it showed up again some years later in the Microsoft Entertainment Pack for Windows 3.1. I played it again, then forgot about it again, until I rediscovered the Pack a few months ago and got re-addicted not only to Tetris, but to JezzBall, Pipe Dream, Tetravex, Taipei (Mah Jongg), and Rodent's Revenge.

14. mrhillz

mrhillz Changed his user title. TFW2005 Supporter

I play tetris on my cell when I'm on break, with nothing else to do, which happens quite frequently.

15. Chaos Incarnate

Chaos Incarnate Not just a name.

News Credits:
    Tetris is evil. But Minesweeper, I admit, has more of a pull than that to a logic minded person such as myself. I only hate, however, the moments where Minesweeper requires a guess. Grr!

16. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

I got hooked on JezzBall back in 1998.

17. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I downloaded Tetris to my Verizon cellphone and play it any time I'm waiting for...well, damn near anything. My highest score is Level 21, with a score of 168,238. That took about 45 minutes, which was spent waiting for my Teen Girl Squad cousin and her friends to finish shopping at Abercrombie & Fitch.

My cousin came out and was like, "OMG are you mad we took SOOOO long in there LOL!" ...but I was fine. Tetris had saved the day.

18. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

Tetris is such crack. I found my original game boy copy maybe half a year ago, and slammed it in my SP faster then light. Played it way too much for a while, but I don't think i've ever got over 250k. I ended up selling it to a friend who loves it even more then I do, and she proceeded to get 400k. I picked it up again maybe a month ago, and couldn't even get 100k.. it made me sad.

Tetris DS is going to own my soul.

19. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    TETRIS! I started playing my Gameboy cart again about 6 months ago. Nothing else has been in my gameboy since. I like playing the B game on 9/4. Best I have done so far is 24,000 and some change, My goal is to get 25,000 or higher. I find these days that I like the limited game rather than the unlimited.

20. CripNite

CripNite That Whack Canuck Dude

Never had a Tetris game until Tetris Worlds for GBA... didn't really have that classic flare (it was a little dumbed down), but when I got my newest cell phone, it was on there and it was grand. Tetris DS will own the online world like few before it.