Help!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Kup-is-Dion, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Kup-is-Dion

Kup-is-Dion Lord Cthulhu

In the near future, I'm going to be coming into a little bit of cash and I
    can't decide between picking up Bruticus and the Munitioner appendage sets or the Protector armor, Aerial team appendage kit, and the Hardhead upgrade. I can't afford to get all of it and would really appreciate opinions! I have them listed in respect to cost. For what it costs to get a Bruticus plus the limbs I can get the other three sets. I can't get all of them and still afford all the generations/rts figs I want!

2. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

Your wording makes it sound like you're thinking of either the Bruticus set OR... the rest of the stuff you listed. I think I get what you're saying, though. If you're picking one, I've got all but the Hardhead upgrade.

The Bruticus set is amazing. There are two flaws with the set: the first is that the Munitioner's backpack/rear-piece-of-the-vehicle is a little fragile on the hinges. Be careful, lest you rip it off completely, like I did (BBTS awesome CS saved me on that one, and replaced it!). The second flaw is that it makes the Energon limbs kinda look like crap outside of combined mode. They ARE fun toys, but you'll find they're lacking compared to the rest of the set.

The Protector set is... wow. Awesome. If you want to place Rodimus Prime with a large Classics-styled shelf, though, you're going to have a rather large trailer part just kinda... hanging around not doing much. For play value, though, awesomeness. There's a lot to go with it.

The Superion upgrade kit is... while not as awesome overall as the Bruticus set, very solid. It gives extra bits to all the toys and makes them all a little extra cool. It's not super-dramatic, but I'm very happy I grabbed it.

Again, can't comment on the Hardhead upgrade. I have Universe Onslaught, I love headmasters, and it looks awesome. I'd love to get a Hardhead and this kit, but with so many awesome toys out and coming out, it just falls out of my budget.

No matter what you choose, you can't go wrong. If I were you, I'd grab as much as I could with what money I had to spend.

3. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    OK so in order of awesomeness I would rank them in the order you listed them
    however, I would buy them in this order:
    1. Protector
    2. Aerial appendage
    3. BBTS Hardhead
    4. Bruticus upgrade
    Protector is likely to start selling out in places soon.
    Aerial appendage just came down in price but we have no idea when it will sell out again
    The Hardhead upgrade set is soon to rereleased as a bbts exclusive. Bruticus is highly over priced and will likely increase to FP does another run which i'm sure they will.

4. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    Well here is the thing. I have one huge complaint about Bruticus. He is so freaking awesome, he makes the other figures in the classic line look weak! But if you want Bruticus, get him now. Not sure if you have the ROTF Bruticus, but that will be what set's you back, not the FP set. Get the limbs seprately and you'll save there. I am actually using Swindle and Blastoff in my Bruticus.

I am not impressed with Protector at all. It does not even look like Rodimus.

The Superion set is nice and won't make your classics look bad by comparison. But, you will get it and say, damn, I wish I got Bruticus.

I don't have hard head so I cannot comment.

What I would get not to insult the classics line would be DIA Commander if you don't have that yet.

I am waiting on Not Devastator. I think that will go nicely with Bruticus. Hopefully Not Devastator is not that much bigger then him.

5. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

Of the items you mentioned I only have the Bruticus Crossfire set. I waited late in the game to pick it up despite having Bruticus since he was available at Target. While I paid about $60 more than 'retail' for the two of them, I cannot be any happier. The Crossfire set took a lackluster group of Combaticon posers and turned them into real Combaticons. While the individual figures are much better with the added weapons, Bruticus is the ultimate form. There's been a few times I've found myself breaking Bruticus into the smaller components, only to find myself putting everything back into the gestalt form. I've spent plenty of time just posing him with the vast array of weaponry he comes with. Dual shotguns are awesome. The tank-buster is awesome. Hell even the damn bowie knife is AWESOME. It's just such a great figure.

~Z

6. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    I would go with the Bruticus set only because I think it will sell out first (there are a lot of people awaiting this upcomming second run). It really turns a turd of a figure (IMO) into one fantastic toy. I havent even transformed the individual bots from the set (I will get the repaints for that), but had Bruticus sitting out for a good two days and was in awe of how amazing the set turned out.

That being said, I can't fault any of the other kits in your second option. The Rodimus upgrade is an amazing piece and really gives hotrod a nice look. The Superion appendage kit really adds to the energon combiner but is nowhere near the greatness of the Bruticus set. It does make the energon superion worthwhile, but does not leave you as amazed as the Bruticus set will. I really like the Headrobots Hardhead kit. It really takes the figure from Onslaught repaint to an entirely new character. The amount of weapons it adds is great, and he just fits in a lot better now as Hardhead in the classics collection.

I would get the Bruticus set now and slowly pickup the rest as money comes available. If you don't see yourself ever having the cash for the rest, you have quite a dilema with the choice.

7. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

Here's a picture of the Awesomeness with a Classics 'Hot Rod' for comparison. I pulled em out of the new display just for you!

[​IMG]
    Dig the finger articulation!

~Z

PS: That Sidearm figure is only $10 from the online sights. It, too, is awesome.
    PPS: Im not used to my phone getting pics that clear. That looks niiiice....

8. Kup-is-Dion

Kup-is-Dion Lord Cthulhu

That Bruticus is BAD ASS!

9. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    LOL. that is all Bruticus

10. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    bruticus is the better looking figure in the end, protector is fun, the AA set is not worth a whole lot more than retail imo, hardhead is nice, but lacking in the playability sector