Help with Win7 lockups

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Deceptijohn, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Deceptijohn

Deceptijohn Metallikato Master

News Credits:
    So I got my new machine running and I keep having these random lockups. checking the event log I get the same warning event every time.

Event 11, wininit: Custom dynamic link libraries are being loaded for every application. The system administrator should review the list of libraries to ensure they are related to trusted applications.

- Provider

[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Wininit
    [ Guid] {206F6DEA-D3C5-4D10-BC72-989F03C8B84B}

EventID 11

Version 0

Level 3

Task 0

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x4000000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2012-02-09T01:00:45.433593700Z

EventRecordID 46536

Correlation

- Execution

[ ProcessID] 476
    [ ThreadID] 508

Channel System

Computer Bob-PC

- Security

[ UserID] S-1-5-18

- EventData

StringCount 0
    String

My bios, OS and all drivers are up to date, my memory, GPU and HDD all check out with diagnostic software. I've been all over the net researching this and have come up with squat that has fixed my issue. If I can't get any positive info soon I guess my next step is a fresh OS install and then maybe a new motherboard if the problem persists? I'm really at a loss on this one.

UPDATE: So I ran RegDLLview to get a look at what DLLs are running most. There are two with numbers that are way above any other DLL: mscroee.dll (353), shell32.dll (283). I have no idea if the numbers related to these DLLs are significant or not....

2. Tripredacus

Tripredacus K-Mart-ian Legend

News Credits:
    There should be more info from that event, including a path and filename. This may show up in a different event.

When you say "Win7" what Windows 7 do you have?
    When you say "new PC" you mean new like you got it yesterday or go it 3 months ago?

Have you confirmed that the timestamp on that Event Log matches the time of the lockups? What is being done when the lockups occur?

A lot of search results of this error and the GUID you posted seem to be people having problems with their antivirus or are using a third party firewall software such as Kapersky, Comodo or Sophos.