Help with Warren Activity Center (G1)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by iDarkDesign, Mar 16, 2009.

1. iDarkDesign

iDarkDesign Rodeo Lawyer

News Credits:
    Hi,

I received some awesome pics from a friend of the 1985 Warren Transformers Activity Center. I want to replicate the graphics in illustrator and make my own. Now I'm looking for exact measurements of all the sides and graphics so I can make this as close to the original as possible.

Anyone have the set and some time on their hands to take measurements (in cm's and mm's if possible).

I will be offering a the file for free when it's done so everyone can print their own Activity center (it's huge!) And I'm looking to scale it down too so it can be used with minicons or WST figures. To offer something new I will be upgrading the graphics and give it more of an ARK feeling. (or if anyone is interested to make me some Animated graphics.... :)  )

thanks for the help!

iDD

2. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    Dood that set has a lot of parts, and the box is also part of the set when its all put together. To get the sizes of each panel as well as were parts are scored and diecut will be a task also.

3. iDarkDesign

iDarkDesign Rodeo Lawyer

News Credits:
    I know and that's why I'm asking some help. I would gladly input all the data and do it myself but I don't have the set. On the flipside once this is done nobody will ever have to do it because I will try and get in in TFwiki too. I don't need it ASAP. I would love to work on this in a couple of weeks. one part at a time. Once it's digital I can rescale it to whatever size.

ActivityCenter pictures by SixShot76 - Photobucket here's the pictures of all the parts my friend took.

Think of it as a community service.

iDD

4. crcoppoc

crcoppoc Member

iDarkDesign - did you ever get the complete pics of the activity center? I have the STARS ones if interested.

5. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    There was someone like a year ago who was planning to scan the whole thing so people could print them out. I think he had the Warren center but was still looking for STARS. Unfortunately I lost his name after purging some PMs

6. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    oh nevermind, it was samsallspark and you already bumped one of his posts

7. Spalah

Spalah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  9. crcoppoc

crcoppoc Member

Thanks for posting Spalah. Wish we could get the activity center scans. I saw that once in a Big Lots when I was a kid but could not afford it. Wondered what had happened to it and who made it when I ran into this post.

10. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    It's a pity Hasbro doesn't revive the idea of self-assembly card playsets. How cool would it be to get a section with every figure that's fun as a standalone accessory but can also be linked together with others to make a bigger playset? Imagine building up your own complete cardboard Legends playset.
    They could also be given away at conventions, as covermounted gifts on childrens comics or with DVD releases.

At the very least these old G1 card playsets would be great extras to include with G1 toy reissues. Packed in with that 25th Anniversary release of the G1 Optimus mold would've been so cool.

• Like Like x 1
  11. crcoppoc

crcoppoc Member

I considered the same thing myself. They should package 1 cardboard "tower" or room or helipad or something with each voyager class figure so that it could be printed on the actual box the figure came in. A supreme or such would include a large one. This would help sell their figures without much cost. Orrrrrrrrrr..........bring back the robot points to redeem for one.

12. crcoppoc

crcoppoc Member

Hi iDark....did you ever get any leads on the Warren one? I would love to get the scans of that playset.

13. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 The F*cking Lizard King! Veteran

News Credits:
    I didn't know there was that much interest in these sets. I have one of them (not sure on which one's which) that i was trying to sell off in the junkion for a long time, finally said eff it and just packed it away.

14. iDarkDesign

iDarkDesign Rodeo Lawyer

News Credits:
    wow, zombie thread. I gave up on this project long ago. I would still go out and print one if someone had the files in an illustrator format, but I would not think of buying this thing. It's just too big to display properly and I would maybe even scale down the set if I would be able to get it in Illustrator.

iDD

15. crcoppoc

crcoppoc Member

By any chance iDark do you have the files in like a JPG or standard image format? If so I may be able to try and get an idea of how to size them based on the assembled images I saw online. May take a while but I like the graphics on the Warren set.

16. crcoppoc

crcoppoc Member

Out of curiosity Th0r4z1n3 how much were you selling it for? When I saw it at Big Lots many years ago in the 80's it was like 3-4$ on closeout!

17. iDarkDesign

iDarkDesign Rodeo Lawyer

News Credits:
    I'll check my files when I get the chance.

iDD

18. crcoppoc

crcoppoc Member

Thanks iDark!

19. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 The F*cking Lizard King! Veteran

News Credits:
    I just had "make an offer" next to it because I didn't really know what a fare pfrice was. I can remember them being a pretty hot item back when I first started collecting, but couldn't recall what the going price was from back then.

20. blaynescott

blaynescott Well-Known Member

Ebay: