Customs: Help with V8 supercar reshell

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by icanfly, May 23, 2007.

1. icanfly

icanfly Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Just seen a V8 Supercar race here in Australia the other day & thought that one would make a pretty cool alt. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find a 1:24 model cheap enough to use. I thought the Suburu mould would be a good structure.
    The character I thought that would go well was Outback. One of the leading teams has colours that would work well with him and it fits the Aussie theme, but does anyone know where I can find a cheap car to take apart as the shell????

Regards

JL

2. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    Maybe post a pic of what it looks like, might help those that are unfamiliar with the particular race series.

3. TTT

TTT OutOfCommissionToys.com

News Credits:
    Hey man I think you can only get those cars/bodys etc. only in & around you're area only, or maybe Asia ?
    This would make a cool Alt. but I'd be worried about finding one in 1/24 scale or finding decal/stickers in 1/24 scale.
    Although you might be able to bash a 1/24 scale NASCAR decal sheet, they use a lot of the same sponsors.
    What about doing a NASCAR Busch series Ford Fusion driven by Marcus Ambrose, you can get the 1/24 NASCAR Fusion and likely find the decals for his Busch car on eBay.
    I've never seen any in the North American market, I wanted to get some for my diecast car collection a few years ago but they were only available in odd scales (1/43 I think) so they wouldnt fit in with my 1/24(NASCAR) collection.
    Plus I think they were in Australia, of course, so it wasnt very cost effective for me.

For those of you who don't know, Aus. V8 Supercar series is in fact some of the best racing on the planet right now. All races are run on road courses (Similiar to BTCC / British Touring Car Championship) and consist of only 2 different cars Holden Commodore & the Ford Falcon. (Everyone in N. America just went :confused2  )
    You can catch this series, if you care about racing, on the SPEED channel.

(knowing is half the battle)
    TTT

4. Soundwarp

Soundwarp Next victim please TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :(  I have been looking for a shell for years, i have a car the same shape as the 2002 V8 supercars and would kill to pay for someone to make an Alt. But i can't find a shell!

[​IMG]

5. shade 0066

shade 0066 Live Fast, Drive Faster!

It looks a little like the late model GTO released a couple of years ago.

6. RHansen

RHansen Sir. Ranbotnic Veteran

News Credits:
    it is the GTO really, just the original version of it, there are differences, but it was just brought over and made into the GTO

good luck man, contact REDLINE, hes got a GTO reshelled

7. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I got the model kit for the reshell at my local Hobby Lobby chain. was 1:25 in scale, fit perfectly over a jazzbody.

8. Soundwarp

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yes your's is perfect but that was the Chev version. The V8 supercars are 4 door and Aussie made. We suffer a lot down here :( 

9. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    that doesn't mean anything. If you notice, the shell was modified so that its still transforms like its got a shellback door, which means it's entirely possible to modify one into a 4 door. you'd just have to recycle the back doors of a subaru *shrugs* you'd not hardly be able to tell the difference when it was all said and done.

10. icanfly

Ebay:
    This is the car i want to be able to find:

[​IMG]

Do you think it would suit Outback? considering Swerve became a corvette I think this would be excusable with the right paint in robot mode

JL

11. Soundwarp

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Booooooooo
    Wrong badge mate!

12. icanfly

Ebay:
    Wrong badge? Surely you can't be meaning FORD are better?
    You know all the jokes about them... about hearing them rust on quiet days, F#$%ed On Race Day, Found On Rubbish Dump, and the biggest joke... the drivers!!!

Its not my fault, its been drilled into me as a kid. Besides, that deco really does suit Outback i think

JL

13. 1987olds442

1987olds442 Cam Maximus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Found On Road Dead, Fix Or Repair Daily - Backwards - Driver returns on Foot -

Actually I like Fords myself, for the ford guys - For Out Running Dodges :wink: 

But in truth I've been a GM man ever since I can remember.... I pissed a Dodge guy off one time when I was pulling him out river bed with My GMC and a chain - I told him that GMC stands for Get My Chain then drove through the spot he was stuck in after I pulled him out and Kept going :D 

14. Lobo

Lobo Well-Known Member

The first place I always check for model kits is here:

Tower Hobbies

Go to "Plastic Cars / Trucks - 1/20-1/29 Scale"

They have a huge selection of kits. Just search or keep clicking "next page". If it's not there, then try eBay.

Tamiya has the biggest selection of supercar kits. But unfortunately they don't have the Holden kit you're looking for. One option would be to find something similar and the add specific details with styrene. You can also get creative with decal maker to make it just the way you want.

Hope this helps!

15. rampageSSS

rampageSSS All Hail Rampage

News Credits:
    Hey,
    Sounds like a cool idear im from Australia and all the V8 supercar models only come in 1:18 or 1:43 they don't make any in 1:24 unfortunatly. Other wise i think it would have been an awsome custom to do

The company here in Australia who make the models are called Classic Carlectables and here is there site
    http://www.classiccarlectables.com.au/118releases.html