Fan Art: Help with TF tattoo idea???

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by robb0429, Apr 12, 2017.

1. robb0429

robb0429 Well-Known Member

Been wanting to get a tattoo for awhile, and obviously my love for this awesome franchise, beyond just collecting, would be a good start for one. I'd like to get it soon, however, I dont want to get it until I'm 110% sold on the idea. So, I was wondering if I could get some input for you guys? I kinda have an idea of what I want to get already, so it can be played around with/expanded upon. I'm kinda going for something more along the lines of subtle rather than just a portrait of a character or something, but I dont want something super simple like just a red or black autobot symbol. I want the tattoo actually represent something, to represent something about myself.

Lately, I've been playing around with this sort of idea: I've always been an Optimus Prime fanboy, sue me. But I've been really into the idea of using "Till all are one" in this design. My current thought: having Till All Are One in the canon cybertronian font, black, with both Bot and Con logos in their respective colors. I was even thinking of having one inner forearm (near the beginning of the elbow) be the Autobot logo with "Till All" beneath it and then the other arm having the Decepticon logo with "Are One", put arms together boom there's the whole thing, from my POV looking upside down, from someone else's the correct orientation. but I'm not sure if the two arm thing is a good idea or not. Or my entire idea as a whole! Some input or more/other ideas would be super appreciated.

• Like Like x 1
  2. robb0429

Also if someone could tell me how ti upload an image here, I could better communicate my design. Is there a way I can get around having an image URL and just upload directly from my pix folder???

3. Yaujta

Yaujta De-Headmasterizator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I've been designing tattoos recently for a buddy that's addicted to them (he has about 10 of my designs applied), and after reading what you want, it might not turn out as you envision it.
    First off, putting your arms together solidly isn't easy unless you're somewhat skinny or very flexible. Even then, you have to think long-term and whether such a connection will last. These things are forever. Limber joints aren't.
    If you're set on the two-arm design, I would recommend putting half a Decepticon logo on one arm and half an Autobot logo on the other, then they form an entire logo when connected. The half logo design is more subtle than just straight out badges, and maybe not even recognizable unless you want them to be by connecting them.
    I do like the idea of the Cybertronian script. In fact, I have a design worked out for myself that used "Clarity of Thought Before Rashness of Action".

4. DJ kevintron

DJ kevintron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What about the phrase lined up like this
    T I L
    A L L
    are
    one

But have it shaped so the edges of the words form the outline of the autobot insignia. A tattoo artist good with script could really make it pop. You could possibly work a decepticon insignia out of you are being deceived or another con saying if you want to do both.

5. robb0429

that's a good point. Not totally sold on a two-arm design, but I really like the idea of having Till All Are One in the font.