Customs: Help with stickers...specifically the iGear Ark set

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by supervir2, Oct 5, 2010.

1. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    Hi guys - I'd like to apply these as the set looks a bit barren without them, but I recall they weren't the most adhesive set in the world (nor do they feel particularly high quality in hand). Basically, I have two question for the wise bunch here:

1) Is there a technique (glue?) to get these to stick better? I'd just put glue on, but my experience w/ normal paper tells me I'll get glue lines behind them...any way to avoid that? Any particular glue to use?

2) What techniques do you all use to apply stickers evenly and squarely? I rarely (read never) apply stickers...mostly because I like the way a toy looks without them, but I also worry about mis-applying them and them eventually falling off. So, advice is very welcome. Thanks!

2. TGping

TGping Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    well, I know for gluing paper, to avoid wrinkles and such, you should use 'microdots'. maybe test it on a scrap piece of paper and plastic. I'd try first with elmer's glue.

Microdots consist of a bunch of really small dots of glue on a given area. That's about it. Try to get them as small as possible.

Maybe someone knows a better method?

3. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

Get some future floor finish - brush it onto the area where you want the sticker - then place the sticker over the still-tacky area where you applied the finish. Once all is dry brush some more future over them suckers to add scratch resistance. As for technique, a good pair of tweezers is always nice. You can grab the sticker by the slightest corner and use your whole hand to guide it into place. When you like where its at hold down the other side of the label as you pull it off the tweezers.

~Z