help with sick child

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MTME, Jul 28, 2012.

1. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ok I know why don't I know how to take care of my child
    BUT
    1) Tyler is 7 and has NEVER thrown up before, he has had colds and that but has NEVER been sick to his stomach
    2) Tyler is autistic and doesn't deal with new feelings well so this is all new to him as well
    3) yes I paged the doctor but have no idea when he is calling me back

So this is what happened
    I went to bed at 2am around 2:30 Tyler came into my room and I thought he had a bad dream, I asked him what was wrong and he didn't respond (typical) but came around to me on the other side of the bed and I could smell it. SO we got up and it was all over his hair and down his legs all over his floor and bed. My husband cleaned up his room while I cleaned him up and he threw up about three more times.

THis morning he was bouncing around like he was fine but I wasn't taking any chances I only kept him with applesauce and dry toast (BRAT diet which stands for Bananas, Rice, Applesauce and Toast) and then around 10am he started getting explosive diarrea, by the time he realized he had to go it was all over the place and here I am cleaning it all up again.

I can't give him pepto bismol because it says not to under 12 as does all the other medicens at the store, any advice?

Please forgive my typos I am exhausted

EDIT: SInce the only thing he threw up last night was the chicken nuggets he had from Burger King I did call them and filed a report

2. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

Don't they make some kind of Children's pepto or something? Kids rebound pretty fast, I'm sure it'll be out of his system soon.

3. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
  4. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    hmmm our store doesn't have that surprisingly
    doctor finally called back and actually said not to give him any medicine just keep him hydrated and only give him solid foods if he complains about being really hungry and even then just give him dry toast

5. Yaujta

Yaujta Broken. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Sounds like a 24-hour bout of food poisoning. I've had it a few times and these sound like the exact symptoms. Unfortunately, once you have it you're succeptable to getting it easier the next time.
    Even if you had the same food he did, it can happen.
    The first time I had it was at a company covered-dish dinner. Someone slow-cooked turkey at the wrong temperature, and about 15 of us got horribly sick. Nearly 50 people ate the turkey, but the bacteria was ony in a certain area of the pot.

6. Russian fan

Russian fan Proud Autobot Ally TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    When I was a kid, I often had problems with the gallbladder, it must allocate gall, which break down fats. If it doesn't work correctly (it is often for children), fatty and spicy food could lead to some similar symptoms, as you mentioned. My mother tried hard to keep me on a diet (less fatty, roasted and spicy foods), but with kids, of course, is not very easy. When I had exacerbation, my mother gave me only hard breads and water for a couple of days, then a light porridge on water, boiled potatoes and a little boiled meat. Especially mineral water is usefull (with chlorid ions) it improve the balance of salts in the body.
    However, it is better, of course to consult with your doctor.
    Of course, it maybe too. The action plan is the same. Symptoms differ only with the high temperature of the body. Nothing not to feed the first 1-2 days, only water and bread. Mineral water without gas is also very helpful.
    I feel sorry for you, it happened with me too. Poor kid...

7. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Try a doctor.

8. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

She did

9. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Try a different doctor.

10. Starfire22

Starfire22 Zoot Suit Riot

News Credits:
    I guess TFW is good for all things besides transformers in general.

11. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    if you read earlier....the doctor did call me back...after I posted this