Help with SDCC Onslaught

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Prime Jetscream, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    I've seen a lot of pictures and videos showing SDCC Onslaught's head sitting higher and not so hunched over, and it looks a lot better. And now before you say "Just push harder bro", I HAVE, like in videos and forum posts, and all it gives me is marks (and pain) in my fingers. I've rotated the part and looked at what's in the way and I can't find any problem. Is there some trick to it?

2. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 RLRR LRLL News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    i had the same problem with mine but you just gotta keep at it and really push (TWSS) but be careful of Bruticus's head/neck. my advice: push on his head (i recommend turning his head around to wear his face isn't showing so it looks better and you won't get as many marks on your hands) and at the same time, push down on the little area behind Onslaught's head. you'll get it sooner or later. it just takes some breaking in (NOT LITERALLY) for it to loosen up

3. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    I was having the same problem, it literally just is "push harder". I wasn't doing it hard enough, and I felt like I was gonna SNAP it. Considering how much I dropped on it, that wasn't a prospect I liked. But make sure Bruticus' head is facing INSIDE the body, and push that sumbitch in until you hear that snap/click. It'll be scary, REALLY scary, but that is legitimately all it takes.

4. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    Okay, thanks, I'll try that, even though my stomach and wallet already hurt with fear...

EDIT: I push so hard my arms tremble, using the only position I can, and all that happens is I bend the swivel Bruticus' head is on.

5. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Try and see if there is some mold flash or something. It is supposed to snap into place. Perhaps there is something too large blocking it? Try sanding some stuff down.

Troubleshoot.

6. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    I think I might file the deliberate pieces in the way down because they messed up and made them too thick...

7. Cyberseven

Cyberseven Seeker

It is the extra flashing on the part that the head post is on that is making this a pain in the ass for you... I had the same issue and was not about to just push it harder. I checked carefully and with a new blade on my X-acto knife i carefully took a small amount of flashing off the 2 tabs that snap in place and after that it just takes a bit of a push and his head snaps in place now easily. no forcing.

make sure just to take a little off at a time and check it, as you don't want to take too much off. Then his head will not snap securely in place.