Customs: help with sculpting putty

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by javaco, May 25, 2011.

1. javaco

javaco javaco

Aug 22, 2009
    News Credits:
    im working on a few projects and some putty would help with little things.
    only problem is.. iv never worked with it on a figure so i dont know whats a good kind to buy.

im looking for something at a decent price but that works efficiently.

let me know, thanks
  2. Slothboy

Slothboy Nick

Aug 19, 2006
    Green Stuff, which is a type of epoxy putty, is great for small sturdy details. It's a two part putty (yellow and blue which is then mixed in to green hence the name). It's slightly flexible once hardened so it's not so brittle. The down side is that although it holds detail well once is starts to get a little harder the working time isn't long and it's rather stiff to work with in the first place. Green Stuff can be bought as places like Games Workshop.

Apoxie Sculpt is a pretty good brand. It's a two-part material that's as flexible as Sculpey so it's very easy to work with, but it dries much harder. I'd still say it's probably more brittle than epoxy, but if it's just small details like faces or basically anything that doesn't involve joints, it should work pretty well! You can get this stuff online, either from the brand's site (Aves) or from ebay which is where I got mine from. Mine was about £12 for a set of two tubs (one tub for each part to be mixed). I've also had it since February '09, so it lasts a long time!