Customs: help with ROTF ironhide

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by dxaznxk, Aug 2, 2009.

1. dxaznxk

dxaznxk Member

Hey guys, im new these forums and im working on my first custom transformers. I bought an ROTF ironhide yesterday and im wondering colors i would use on him. I bought Gunmetal and silver and i forgot to get black... Am i suppose to use the gunmetal for the overall figure or another color? and would i need silver?

2. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Eh, really its up to you to decide what'll look good or feels right. Personally I'd use a black for the visible car parts, silver for something like his smokestacks, gunmetal for some of the robot parts, etc

3. dxaznxk

dxaznxk Member

i c i c thank you cause i didn't know if i should use silver and gunmetal for the robot parts but i think gun metal would give it more of a metal look right?

4. Hakka

Hakka Well-Known Member

If you go to the customs fourm and search ironhide you will see a lot of different customs, I generally use these to decide on my colors.

For Ironhide I would go gloss black for the car panels and silver drybrush over flat black base for the robot parts. I usually add some gold to the small details on his robot parts. I have some metallic blue on the arms and legs of mine.

Here's a link to my pics:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/256257-rotf-ironhide.html

I would suggest removing the car body panels (some you cant remove, mask around them instead) and spraying them black to avoid any brushmarks.

If you haven't painted one before practice on some crap figures before tackling Ironhide.

Hakka.

5. dxaznxk

dxaznxk Member

wow yours look great. Im planning to start today wish me good luck!