Customs: Help with retouching Masterpiece Screamer and Megs

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Cromwell, May 27, 2007.

1. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Hi there,

I recently purchased a Masterpiece Starscream and Masterpiece Megatron, both MISB. I'm very pleased with the purchases, especially given how hard they are to find in Malaysia. I have to say though, that Takara's quality control is somewhat lacking.

(I'm usually a LEGO collector, so I'm used to more robust toys. I've been told that QC has been a problem for action-figures/collectibles, not just Transformers. Any thoughts on this?)

Masterpiece Starscream:
    - metallic paint on the Decepticon logo on the display stand has slight flaking
    - white stripes on his left arm has slight flaking

Masterpiece Megatron:
    - small scratches on the silver finish of his lower left leg

I dabbled in painting Games Workshop miniatures and am pretty sure I can touch up these areas. My questions are:

1) How do I remove the metallic paint on Screamer's display logo before I repaint?
    2) I plan to use paints from the Games Workshop range. Anyone know if these will work well with the Masterpiece plastics?
    3) To touch up Meg's leg, I'm thinking of using the Boltgun Silver paint from GW's range. Anyone know of a better shade of silver that will match? (Brand and paint name)

Thanks for your time and assistance!

Newbie kitbasher.

2. Lord Bacon

Lord Bacon BACON DUKE

rubbing alcohol and a qtip works for removing paint on classics, so you may give that a try.