Customs: Help with pins

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Caliburst, Oct 2, 2005.

1. Caliburst

Caliburst Bad Mr. Gary

Hi. I'm fairly new to the bashing thing and I was just curious on how to get the pins out of a part without destroying it.

[​IMG]

to make a long story short, my cat knocked my Armada Nemesis Prime off the self and managed to knock one of his smokestacks into the void. I've decided to replace all of N.P.'s brownish parts with the grey parts from a Universe BIAB Ultra Magnus. Everything has gone super until I got to the legs. I'm desperate for help, I've gotten this far and don't want to try anything without asking for help first.

Thanks,
    ~Cali

2. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I would just get a hammer and small nail, find a way to hold the piece without wrecking it (like in a vise or vise grips wrapped in a towel), and gently pound them out with the nail tip. It should be obvious which way they come out.

Or, if you're brave, if you have a small screwdriver, you can hold the piece in your hand and push them out with the tip of that. Just don't slip or it's stabby time.

3. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    If you are REALLY brave, and the pin allows it, you can use a soldering iron by heating one end of the pin an pushing with a small screw driver on the other. It works really well... but if you slip... gets a little melty :) 

4. KCC

KCC Well-Known Member

Hammer and nail are your best bet but instead of a vise grips or vise, just lay it on a towel (anything soft) on top of a hard surface. Just make sure...you drill a hole for the pin to escape to while pounding it out.

5. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

6. Caliburst

Caliburst Bad Mr. Gary

wow, gret stuff, thanks!