Help with Optimus Voice Changer

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Ruination04, Oct 7, 2007.

1. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    I am planning to wear my voice changer helmet for Halloween. My only problem is that I wear glasses. For those of you who have glasses, what is the best way to wear this and your glasses and make your face comfortable? It's not too bad, but anything would help....

2. Ruination04

News Credits:
    Guess all you people have 20/20 huh?

3. Big_Daddy

Big_Daddy The. Balls. Will. Touch.

News Credits:
    Contact lenses?

4. Ruination04

News Credits:
    I'm not going to get/pay for an exam + fitting session + the lenses themselves just for Halloween. :) 

5. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James The JUICE

It is very uncomfortable to wear with glasses. So if I wear mine (Which i will this Saturday for my Nephew's party), I take off the glasses.

6. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    agreed,

7. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

I couldn't make glasses + helmet work at all. Not enough room for glasses inside of there. If you were lucky enough to be related to the eye doctor, you may be able to luck out and get them to make you prescription lenses for the helmet. Outside of that, contacts, or just let the world be fuzzy for a while and hope you're with someone you can trust.

8. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    You should get contacts anyway. They rule - once you get used to them, you'll never know how you lived without them. Glasses suck.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2007
  9. Night Flame

Unless you have an astigmatism. Then even the special weighted lenses they make that are supposed to always stay upright can't work properly. I've tried contacts, and after every blink there's a period of about three seconds where I can't see a damn thing while the lense settles back into place. The doctor said that's just the way it is for astigmatism, and I'd have to tolerate it. I said, no, I don't and tossed my contacts.

I wish I could wear them. It surprised me that I could put them in and take them out without any problems whatsoever, when my biggest fear was "touching my eyes" before trying it. Afterwards my biggest fear was dying in a fiery car crash because I couldn't freakin' see with them.

10. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Odd, I have an astigmatism in one eye and they don't bother me at all. I don't even wear special ones for astigmatism, I have the extended wear kind you can leave in for a month straight, then toss. Actually, the one eye is a bit blurry when I wake up, but that quickly goes away.

Best thing ever if you ask me.

11. Night Flame

My doctor claims my eyes are particularly rounded by the astigmatism and he claims it's really difficult to get lenses centered properly once that happens. Which sucks. I like to ride bicycle and it's either really expensive to buy good sunglasses for that on top of regular glasses, or I can get contacts and buy regular sport glasses. Sadly, the contacts don't work. Which sucks. A lot.