Customs: Help with my First Repaint

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by SergeantJack, May 18, 2009.

1. SergeantJack

SergeantJack Sargebot

Hi, thanks for taking the time to look at my thread. I know there are many threads addressing this issue, and I've looked through tons of them, but I'm finding myself lost among all the information.

My idea is that I want to repaint Universe Classics 2.0 Acid Storm into Thundercracker in an effort to avoid paying massive amounts of money for a Henkei version. This is my first project, so can somebody make some specific recommendations for me? Should I use spray paint, or an airbrush, or brushes, or what? And what type, and color, of paint should I use? I'm guessing that some of you have done this very project before.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

If you search for Thundercracker in Radicons, you'll see numerous versions everyone has done, most of those should have the color they used, if not, drop them a PM and I'm sure they will get back to you.

The rest is just personal preference. If you have an airbrush, I would use it, otherwise you can get good results just using cans of spray paint or by brushing. You can read through the tutorials for what other opinions there are on paint, I won't put any here.

I will say that it would be to your benefit to get a 1/16" punch to knock out the pins if you don't already have one.