Customs: Help with heads

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by G1Prowl, Jan 22, 2011.

1. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Autobot Strategist

I recently picked up some bots for customs and wanted to ask anyone who's taken apart stuff some questions about certain heads.

Does anyone have pics of the unattached heads of Generations Blurr, Universe/RTS Cyclonus, Cybertron Starscream deluxe and Cybertron Hotshot/Excellion? Thanks in advance.

2. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    I can snap pics of all but Generations Blurr....don't have that one yet. Just need to dig them out (recently moved) and take them apart and snap a few shots. Any specific shots you're looking for?

3. G1Prowl

Basically, my planned customs involve this: replacing Blurr's head with Hotshot/Excellion's head for a Pointblank custom, so I need to find out if that head has the same type of join. I guess it works for Drift as well. Then the other involves replacing SG Cyclonus' head with Starscream's, if Screamer is indeed a Deluxe and not a Voyager, so I can make Misfire. Last but not least, I'm planning on replacing Henkei Strafe's head with Longrack's, pretty sure he's a deluxe as well.

4. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

There is no Deluxe Cybertron Screamer. It comes in Legends, Voyager and Supreme only.

However, I'm not sure how well the Voyager's head will fit on Cyclonus.

5. grimlockprime

grimlockprime Well-Known Member

i think he means the rumored upcoming wfc screamer.

6. G1Prowl

No, I meant the Voyager. I was thinking they did a deluxe version that was in a two pack. Guess I was wrong. Oh, well. I'll figure out a different head

7. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    I took a shot of the Excellion and Cyclonus heads to show you the types of posts or connections they have. I'll attach it shortly. I do have the two-pack voyager Cybertron Starscream, but it's still boxed up and I haven't found it yet or removed that head. If Blurr's head is anything like Drift's, it's on a pin/hinge type of joint. In other words, it's completely different from Excellion's noggin. You can always mod them to fit via ball joints or something.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 22, 2011
  8. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    Well I was going to take a picture of Uni2.0 Dirge's head, the base mold is Cybertron Voyager Starscream, but his neck post is recessed into his upper body, and taking his upper body apart, and keep the Cyber Key innards from flying everyone or keeping them functional will be hard, so I can't do it, since I cant to keep it intact on mine.

But, I can tell ya from having my Cyclonus' head off, the head will not be compatible at all, 1) it's too big, 2) Cyclonus has the neck post built onto his upper body where the Cyb Screamer has it built into his neck.

9. G1Prowl

So for the Excellion head to work, I'll have to basically cut the post off to make it flat, and then drill a hole for the pin to go in? Doable. Sucks about the Screamer head, guess I'll shop around til I find another head that might work. Anybody had a chance to tear into Cybertron Longrack out of curiosity?

10. Overhaulimus

News Credits:
    If it wasn't for the size of the Screamer head, then you could made it work, but unfortunately it's too big, sorry man, I tried for ya.

11. G1Prowl

Thanks though, you're my hero.

12. G1Prowl

I'm thinking Cybertron Skywarp might be a better fit. have to find a junker now.

13. Overhaulimus

News Credits:
    Heh thanks man.

This might actually work, I don't have my Cyb Thundercracker handy, but I think him and Cyclonus have the same neck connectors.

14. G1Prowl

So after opening up Blurr's chest cavity, the neck sits in the body with the little nail-head looking plastic part inside the cavity. The neck itself pins to the head, which was destroyed during the process. So now apparently I'm limited to heads that will have the nail-head on the bottom. I'm thinking either the Hotshot/Excellion, or Cybertron Longrack. I think we need to create a resource for parts like this, so swaps are a little easier, and we don't wind up buying shit that's useless to us.

15. Overhaulimus

News Credits:
    Nah, you aren't just limited to that type of neck joint, you can actually add in a balljoint as long as it doesn't interfere with the transformation.

16. G1Prowl

I ain't confident enough for that, man

17. Hooper_X

Hooper_X hi haters

Cybertron Longrack uses a ball-joint. Cybertron Thundercracker has the nail-head on the bottom of the head.

18. Overhaulimus

News Credits:
    Nah man, don't think like that. There's plenty of us on here that can help you with it, all you got to do is ask man.

But you always practice new stuff on junkers.

19. G1Prowl

That sucks, looks like there'll be a dremel in TC's future. Hell, save the nail-head and glue a balljoint tab on it for use with my Pointblank custom.