Customs: Help with Energon Shockblast's torso issues?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by ^o^CORVUS^o^, May 16, 2011.

1. ^o^CORVUS^o^

^o^CORVUS^o^ You call on me to solve a crooked rhyme

Ebay:
    Most of you who own this toy, whether you customized it or not, are aware if the issues with the hinged torso and its propensity towards flopping forward in robot mode.

Have any of you managed to address this issue in a way you found satisfactory, and not impact the transformation in the process? Any advice would be welcome.

2. nellie131

nellie131 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i have two of these im currently customising. one has the problem the other doesnt

in the one im doing is seems a loose joint is the issue which i have taken some of my girlfriends clear nail varnish (please dont tell her) lol and put a small amount on the affected hinge. it stiffens up the movement and stops looseness. done this on a few other loose toys with no issues at all!

hope this helps??

3. ^o^CORVUS^o^

^o^CORVUS^o^ You call on me to solve a crooked rhyme

Ebay:
    I've considered trying that particular solution, because it seems the least problematic way of doing it. I'm glad to hear that approach worked on yours, and I will give it a shot!

4. nellie131

nellie131 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cool let us know the results on yours! And I used a very thin layer on it which did the job!

5. minsok

minsok Well-Known Member

When I have this problem, I embed rare earth magnets so things lock in place.