Help with Dreamcast and Monitor

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by NGW, Dec 21, 2009.

1. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Ok so I bought a Dreamcast last night. It came with an RF Adapter instead of the standard cables or whatever it normally would (dammit). Now my friend who is a bit of a techie told me to just go get some av cables from wherever and I'd be fine, hook it up to my monitor no problem.

There's no input on the back of the Dreamcast for standard composite cables, just for the cord it comes with. My monitor has quite a few inputs, and I know it works with composite, but I can't really see where I'd hook them into in the first place.

Here's roughly the cable I got with my Dreamcast (it is shaped a little different, but it is the same inputs): [​IMG]

And this is my monitor (or at least as close as I can tell): Gateway Official Site: Displays - 24 Inch Monitors

Help :[

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    like just about every console, the dreamcast has it's own special composite cable that plugs in the AV jack, just like the RF adapter.

3. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
  4. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Was hoping I'd not have to order something or run out someplace to get what I need, but I suppose I knew I would. Was hoping to get to play it tonight :[

Ah well, thanks guys.

5. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2009