Help with consolidating the history

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by ORIO, Jul 15, 2007.

1. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So, one of my close friends has become way into Transformers since the movie. He's even bought all of the movie deluxes. I'm way excited and want to lend him some DVD's to show him the history of the series. But, I want to show him the most crucial and important episodes of G1 so he doesn't become bored with it. Episodes like "Kremzeek" and "Carnage in C Minor" most likely won't appeal to him. Which episodes are the most important to the series (and that tie into BW/BM) the most? And are just plain REALLY good episodes to watch?

My list off the top of my head would be:
    MTMTE (parts 1-3)
    S.O.S. Dinobots
    War Of The Dinobots
    Ultimate Doom (parts 1-3)
    Heavy Metal War
    Dinobot Island pt.(Parts 1-2)
    Megatrons Master Plan (parts 1-2)
    the Search for Alpha Trion
    The Key to Vector Sigma (Parts 1-2)
    War Dawn
    Animated Movie
    Five Faces Of Darkness (Parts 1-5)
    Dark Awakening
    Starscreams Ghost
    Ghost in The Machine
    Dweller In The Depths
    Only Human
    Call of The primitives
    Return of Optimus Prime pts (1-2)
    Rebirths (parts 1-3)

These are just the episodes that I can think of that would "sum up" the G1 history and into BW/BM. But are there are others that I'm missing?

And I know, a lot of fans don't like BM, but I still think its a fun series to watch up until the ending. Its very exciting visually. So I would still like to show my friend

2. Psychrome86

Psychrome86 Well-Known Member

it would seem you've got all the biggies. i never saw all the the season 3 episodes, though.

3. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    your lineup has the constructicon's origins still screwed up though.

4. periL75

periL75 Soft Fleshy Bi-Ped

Ebay:
    good lineup, & yes, bm was a very sweet series, specially if somebodie's gonna watch bw anyways, GOTTA see beast machines too.

5. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, but so does G1 :wink: 

6. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I'd add in Burden Hardest to Bear, as it was probably the most defining episode of Rodimus Prime's stint as leader. Pity it was immediately ruined the next episode by Optimus coming back.

7. GuitarHero09

GuitarHero09 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I never have seen a full G1 episode, so I will try and fine the episodes that you have listed. And in regards to BM, I loved it as a kid, and was able to find the DVD boxset at Frys yesterday.

8. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

You can show him the whole 1st season and the first 20 eps of season 2 with no problem. They're all pretty interested. It gets boring with some very cool episodes thrown in after "Dinobot Island".

9. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

Pretty good list. I'd add Countdown to Extinction since it is really the Ultimate Doom Pt. 4, Starcream's Brigade/Revenge of Bruticus since it's so much fun, and Burden Hardest to Bear for the reasons Switchblade said.

10. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    First of all, shame on you (and by association all of the previous posters! :dunce  ) You're going to show season 3 episodes but leave off Webworld? That and Burdon Hardest to Bear are the saving graces of that season!

I concur with Starscream's Brigade/Revenge of Bruticus, and add Masquerade, Fire in the Sky, Secret of Omega Supreme, and The Golden Lagoon, as they're all strong stories with good characterization; definately must sees of G1 IMHO.

I'd also highly recommend Heavy Metal War, City of Steel, Triple Takeover, and Cosmic Rust.

Lastly, I'd mildly recommend Changing Gears, A Prime Problem, and Desertion of the Dinobots; though you're starting to show most of the series to your friend at this point. ;)